From Manhatton to Cape Liberty, Bayonne. NJ???

Hi, we took the Explorer a few years ago and have her booked again for March.

Last time we caught a cab from our mid-town hotel to Macys. The entrance to the PATH is right opposite in the shopping centre there. The train (tube) cost approx $1.50pp and we got off at Hoboken.

From there we took a cab (he had no idea where the port was and it took a few of his taxi-driving chums to point him in the right direction!) but we got there for about $35. Yes, you have to haul luggage up the stairs at Hoboken but we will do this again in March, as we never could find a difinitive answer of the cost of a cab the whole way there.

At Hoboken you can transfer to the Light Rail train that takes you to 32nd St in Bayonne but I have heard that the 'free transfer bus' is never there and I must admit the place looked empty as we drove past in the cab.

Hope this helps.

This is a similar route to what I would recommend... 138East has posted excellent advice also.

However, just for the record, the very cheapest way to get to "Cape Liberty" from Manhattan is as follows:

PATH train from Herald Square (33rd Street) in Manhattan to Hoboken. Fare: $1.75 per person. At Hoboken, take the Light Rail to Bayonne (34th Street, if I recall correctly--though this 34th Street bears absolutely no geographical relation to the aforementioned 33rd Street!:)). Fare: again, $1.75 per person.

Now, from the Light Rail stop at Bayonne, you'll have to take a cab for the remaining couple of miles to the Cape Liberty terminal. Fare: approximately $12 plus 15%-20% tip.

So, for two people, the entire trip shouldn't cost much more than $20. I'm not saying that this is the most convenient way to get to the ship from Manhattan--just the least expensive.

By the way, Celebrity ended the Bayonne-Cape Liberty shuttle bus service after their (Celebrity's) first year operating out of Cape Liberty. I'm not sure if RCL still offers this service, but as Celebrity is part of the RCL corporation, I wouldn't be surprised if RCL has ended the service for its own sailings as well. Perhaps the RCL website has further information about this?

We just got back, and loved our trip to NYC and our cruise to Bermuda!! We used Dial 7 to get from Times Square area to Bayonne. It cost us $62. I had heard that some of the drivers have never gone to Cape Liberty, and this was the case with our driver. The only question he had was which way to go once we went over the Bridge..and we did right, bear to the right!!

We took a New Jersey cab back to the same NYC area, and I must say this was the worst cab ride Ive EVER had. The lady cab driver was very inconsiderate (had the air on in the front for herself, while we roasted in the back seat). All 4 windows down with her arm resting on her window and us receiving her B.O. smell! She didnt bother to get out at the pier or at our hotel to help open her trunk. She yelled and screamed at my hubby because he could figure out how to open her trunk. The porter at the pier had problems with it too..she should have gotten out to help!! That lovely ride was $74plus some few cents. Her cab # was 20, so stay away from her!! :D Dot

We just got back, and loved our trip to NYC and our cruise to Bermuda!! We used Dial 7 to get from Times Square area to Bayonne. It cost us $62. I had heard that some of the drivers have never gone to Cape Liberty, and this was the case with our driver. The only question he had was which way to go once we went over the Bridge..and we did right, bear to the right!!

We took a New Jersey cab back to the same NYC area, and I must say this was the worst cab ride Ive EVER had. The lady cab driver was very inconsiderate (had the air on in the front for herself, while we roasted in the back seat). All 4 windows down with her arm resting on her window and us receiving her B.O. smell! She didnt bother to get out at the pier or at our hotel to help open her trunk. She yelled and screamed at my hubby because he could figure out how to open her trunk. The porter at the pier had problems with it too..she should have gotten out to help!! That lovely ride was $74plus some few cents. Her cab # was 20, so stay away from her!! :D Dot

The prices given for car services say excluding toll and tip. We can figure the tip but does anyone know what the tolls are from Times Square to Cape Liberty and then Cape Liberty to LGA? Are there tolls from LGA to Times Square as well?? Thanks for your help, we will not wrestle with luggage so public transportation out of the question.

Everything was all added in on our trip..so the trip was quoted as being $50, so $12 must have been the tolls...our price was $62. and then we added a tip on. It was total, tolls plus fare (minus tip) $72 plus cents for our cab from Bayonne to Times Square.

I asked my hubby, since he paid the cab from LGA to Times Square, and he said he thought it was just a couple of dollars more than it was to Bayonne. So, $60something plus tip. I myself thought it was a little less..but somewhere in that neighborhood. Dot

check out

www.dial7.com

www.carmellimo.com

www.allstatecarandlimo.com

also the concierge in your hotel should have a corporate rate for some other car services.

previous poster was right and the cost should be around 60$ + tolls and tip so total around 70$ - keep in mind that they charge extra for luggage and expect a tip for the luggage as well.

check out

www.dial7.com

www.carmellimo.com

www.allstatecarandlimo.com

also the concierge in your hotel should have a corporate rate for some other car services.

previous poster was right and the cost should be around 60$ + tolls and tip so total around 70$ - keep in mind that they charge extra for luggage and expect a tip for the luggage as well.

Thanks for all the info!

When I booked with Dial7, I told them I had 3 pieces of luggage...turned out to be 4 on the way plus our carry ons..just make sure the car is large enough for how many ppl and luggage you need... Dot

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

I booked with 7 limo and from midtown manhattan to the port the rate is $50 plus toll

Hope this helps :)

Just returned and used CarMel Limos for all our transportation needs and we were very, very satisfied with the service, www.carmellimo.com. We had 11:10 am flight from LGA and they arrived at Cape Liberty exactly on time and had us at the airport in plenty of time. We will definitely use them again!

Archived