NCL verses HAL and X w/younger kid

IluvZ

Hello,

We took the NCL Pearl in January with our then 3-yr DS and although he loved the kids program we were unhappy with the room they had for the younger kids. It wasn't part of the big, sunny room you see in the "ads".

We are booking our next January cruise and are looking at X (either Galaxy or Connie) or HAL Noordam. The pictures of the kids club look nice but I'm concerned he'll never end up in those rooms. Has anyone been on these with kids in the 3-5 group?

I have sailed on both Galaxy and Connie and of the two I would choose Constellation hands down. Both youth facitilities are great for the 3-5 age group. But the one on Constellation is fantastic!

Celebrity is my favorite and my son's favorite line. The youth program is the best. We have just completed 6 cruises with Celebrity and each time I can't get him to leave the Fun Factory.

In fact, this summer we are doing Holland America because the youth program is more limited and not as good as Celebrity. This way my son will be more interested in getting off at the ports. Not to knock Holland America but it just isn't as good as the program offered by Celebrity.

The Fun Factory on Constellation (and the Millenium class ships) has a indoor climbing frame with ball pit, a story and movie area, an area with leapfrog videogames and a science/arts and crafts room. It is a bright and sunny area on Deck 11 aft. There is family bingo, a scavenger hunt, and a talent show at the end of the cruise- which is really fun to watch. The little ones do a little singing skit. You can't miss with Celebrity!

While I have not been on Hal and haven't been on NCL since before DS I can't compare it to X. BUT, I agree with the previous post that X is amazing and we have a hard time getting DS to want to leave the Fun Factory. We have been on both the Mercury and Infinity. Infinity is supposed to have the same layout as Constellation but I will not know for sure until we sail her in November. We were very happy with the layout on both ships and my son is in the 3-5 year old group. The outdoor kids pool on the Mercury made me nervous because the door to it was open often but other than that we loved the Funfactory and the counselors.

Archived