Jewel, Wifi hotspots and OSs

(sorry, I am in the " early planning/negotiating" stage here... so very odd questions about a variety of routes/ships...)

Has anyone sailed in (or near) an OS on the Jewel recently? I am trying to find out whether the OSs benefit from being near a Wifi hotspot...?

Am trying to negotiate a cruise with my husband. I want somewhere warm (preferably not the standard Caribbean - which we have done many times), in an OS on a fairly new ship. Husband wants wifi in the cabin (he needs to stay in contact with work) and a big ship (no less than 70k tonnes, preferably a lot larger).

I know that wifi in cabins is pretty "hit or miss" unless you are on Freedom Class. Unfortunately Freedom Class just about only do "standard Caribbean" and, even then, all seem just about sold out of OSs for this Autumn/fall.

That is it! I need a new husband who doesn't need wifi access! ;)

Boo

(sorry, I am in the " early planning/negotiating" stage here... so very odd questions about a variety of routes/ships...)

Has anyone sailed in (or near) an OS on the Jewel recently? I am trying to find out whether the OSs benefit from being near a Wifi hotspot...?

Am trying to negotiate a cruise with my husband. I want somewhere warm (preferably not the standard Caribbean - which we have done many times), in an OS on a fairly new ship. Husband wants wifi in the cabin (he needs to stay in contact with work) and a big ship (no less than 70k tonnes, preferably a lot larger).

I know that wifi in cabins is pretty "hit or miss" unless you are on Freedom Class. Unfortunately Freedom Class just about only do "standard Caribbean" and, even then, all seem just about sold out of OSs for this Autumn/fall.

That is it! I need a new husband who doesn't need wifi access! ;)

Boo

We had a GS on Radiance, Jewel's almost-twin sister that was right on the Centrum, closer than the OS cabins, and could not get the ship's Wifi service in our cabin.

The Radiance class ships have CyberCabin, which allows you to have (very slow) Internet access in your cabin - we paid $140 for a 14-night cruise - you just get a little cable to hook the laptop up to the outlet in the vanity. It's not the greatest setup, but it worked well enough for our purposes. I've heard that RCI phasing out Cybercabin, but don't have any verification of that.

Good luck negotiating!

Archived