christmas on oriana

jestella321

can someone help me? we are going on oriana 18/12/08 for ten nights around the canary islands can anyone tell me what kind of clothes to pack and if possible how many formal nights we have only been on 1 cruise before on board arcadia to the carribean nearly 3 years ago so we are still new to cruising we would appreciate and help thank you

can someone help me? we are going on oriana 18/12/08 for ten nights around the canary islands can anyone tell me what kind of clothes to pack and if possible how many formal nights we have only been on 1 cruise before on board arcadia to the carribean nearly 3 years ago so we are still new to cruising we would appreciate and help thank you

Hi jestella321,

We are going on Oriana at Christmas as well. We have been on a New Year cruise like this one so I may be able to help.

I think there will be 3 formal 3 informal and 4 smart casual.

The weather in the islands will be fine with temps in the low 20's. t-shirts and shorts for us, and coats for the locals. The temperatures in the islands tend to be consistent which is why so many cruise ships go there in the winter.

Any other questions, just ask.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hi, We are on the very next cruise, the new year celebration.

Its identical to yours and is also our first cruise. If you hear about any tips, would you please let us know and I will do the same.:)

2-3 formals I expect probably 3 as its over christmas?

We did a 13n cruise and only had 3 formals.... but as you are sailing over christmas I would expect at least 3....

We were in Canaries in May and some temps were only 70-75 so do take some outer wear esp for the sail down to at least Maderia, And prepare for some rocky seas over the bay in December! Pack some sea sickness tabs just in case. I was told by very experienced cruisers to buy STUGERON 15 , available from Boots under £5..... a visit to ships dr will set you back £60-80 if you get really seasick...

I'm sure it will be fab. Have you got Lisbon and Maderia?

Have a Canaries cruise photo album if interested: HERE IS LINK:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/1stCruiseCanariesOnArcadiaMay06

Sue

p.s. Have a friend who always cruises at christmas, i'll email her your question and see what she says - she loves Oriana...

fao 'Cruising in Europe'

The MAJOR difference is that Oriana is quite formal compared to NCL!

The pax like to adhere to the dress code quite stictly and on formal nights nearly 90% of the men will be wearing black tux and the remaining a lounge suit. The woman wear long dresses/cocktail dresses and even on semi formal a lot of the woman still wear very smart clothes and men jacket and tie.... Smart casual still reasonably smart no jacket needed for men but most men wear trousers (a very few 'smart' jeans) and a short or long sleeved shirt.

Oriana is now 13 years old but still very elegant and a well loved ship. She is NOTHING like HAL.

I'll try and find some photos for you

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all replys they are really helpful cannot wait to go now i think we will enjoy oriana better than arcadia i think arcadia was too contemporary.we renewed our wedding vows on arcadia to celebrate 25 years marriage on its maiden voyage across atlantic

Hi, We are on the very next cruise, the new year celebration.

Its identical to yours and is also our first cruise. If you hear about any tips, would you please let us know and I will do the same.:)

Hi heard that you should buy sturgeron 15 sea sickness tablets as it can be a bit rough in dec, we went on arcadia and went through a force 9 gale and it was not as bad as we expected is this your first cruise this is only our second one.

Hi jestella321,

We are going on Oriana at Christmas as well. We have been on a New Year cruise like this one so I may be able to help.

I think there will be 3 formal 3 informal and 4 smart casual.

The weather in the islands will be fine with temps in the low 20's. t-shirts and shorts for us, and coats for the locals. The temperatures in the islands tend to be consistent which is why so many cruise ships go there in the winter.

Any other questions, just ask.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

if you can tell me any thing about oriana i would be grateful can you recommend any trips to go on on this cruise?

Archived