Dress Code Carnival Legend June 29

thehinsons4

I was on Legend last month. I have to say that this was the sloppiest dressed cruise I've ever been on. (Not that you would be sloppy!)

On Elegant night I saw wife beaters, baseball caps, shorts and t-shirts.

We went to the Supper Club one night. Everyone dressed nicely. Suits for the men and nice dresses for the ladies.

I think if you adhere to the dress code, you'll be fine and comfortable.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs). Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, and sleeveless shirts for men.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

I was on Legend last month. I have to say that this was the sloppiest dressed cruise I've ever been on. (Not that you would be sloppy!)

On Elegant night I saw wife beaters, baseball caps, shorts and t-shirts.

We went to the Supper Club one night. Everyone dressed nicely. Suits for the men and nice dresses for the ladies.

I think if you adhere to the dress code, you'll be fine and comfortable.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs). Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, and sleeveless shirts for men.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

In the dining room on formal night, for the MOST part, people were dressed appropriately. We did see LOTS of jeans/flip flops and shorts...but the worst??? right after this couple who were dressed "to the nines" walked in, this guy comes in (looked drunk, too!)--raggedy a%^ t-shirt and raggedier jeans and a ball cap.

i understand that "people should be able to wear what they want; they're on vacation..." the same argument can be made for going out to dinner at home--you're there to enjoy food---just as restaurants enforce dress codes, i truly think that if carnival wants to take a step up, they should turn people who come in looking like slobs...

i understand that they did relax the dress code. My husband and sons wore dress pants/shirts the first night. formal night: suits/jackets/ties....on other nights? NICE shorts, with shirts with collars (either button down or polo). they dressed as if they were going to a nicer restaurant at home.

at the Golden Fleece, EVERYONE dressed-i really wish we had enough money for the four of us to eat there every night!!!!!

If there is a dress code, how do people get around it????

Not if there is a dress code....there is.

People get around it by simply not adhering to it. Depending on the MD on any particular ship, on any particular night, you may or may not get turned away.

I like to save myself the possible embarrassment of being turned away. So I dress according to what's requested or eat elsewhere.

Archived