LA to Hawaii Golden Princess

Rita & Tim O

:confused: Hi, My husband and I are looking at the Princess cruise from LA to Hawaii, Nov. 26 08. Does anyone know if that is a good time to see the Whales. We have heard that they migrate from Alaska and go to Hawaii from Nov. - April. My husband thinks Feb. might be a better month to go. Any suggestions? Thanks

Did a land vacation to Maui this past Jan and we saw lots of whales:) . Nov might be a bit early. This is a good question for the ports of call board as well. Might have better luck hearing from cruisers that have been there in Nov.

You take a chance on any cruise if you want to see whales. I have been at various times of the year and haven't seen any, but I have seen plenty of dolphins and other fish. We are on the Nov 26th cruise to Hawaii and we have a thread going on the Roll Call. Check us out.

Whales from the balcony? We did - they put on quite a show and we got some great pictures. But, wouldn't guarantee it.

We did whale watching cruise for our "shore excursion" in Maui a few years ago, and while the boats cannot approach the whales, the whales can approach the boats. A mother and calf did - wow - we were on the bow, and they swam directly beneath the bow and surfaced. Had we been 10 feet closer to the water, we could have petted them (and I would have). Awesome, and quite lucky!

Archived