Cab fare from downtown Miami to South Beach

CRUZFOOLS

I presently have reservations at Holiday Inn Bayside in downtown Miami and am wondering how far is South Beach? Any idea on the cab fare. I'm trying to decide if I should cancel these reservations and book something on South Beach but it's a lot more expensive. Need Help!

• 3 weeks later...

We are also arriving days prior to cruise. Although taxi is easist and most direct way to go, our little group of 4 is thinking of experiencing the local transit system, giving us more opportunity to just stop anywhere. Check out http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/home.asp for all the local bus, train, people mover info. Has routes and fares posted. Also able to post enquiry for best route on the local buses and they send you a n email trip planner. Have fun planning.

• 3 months later...

This isn't SOUTH beach but it sure was nice. Right in the middle of the Art Deco area with the nice old refurbished hotels. The Wyndham Resort on Collins was really really nice. It's about 7 miles to Port of Miami however, cab fare was $28 for the five of us with a ton of luggage...amazing we all fit in there really!!!

I bought a side view room on priceline under $80 and requested and received an oceanview when we arrived Sunday late night. Good deal though not guaranteed. Keep in mind they DO charge a resort fee and the dining room is really quite expensive though great food and beautiful views. A really grand hotel and most rooms are $200 and up, so this priceline deal was pretty darn good. I was quite happy!

Sorry, the Wyndam isn't exactly in the middle of the Art Deco district! The Wyndam is at 4833 Collins, the Art Deco district is in South Beach, about 25 blocks south of the Wyndham. The heart of the Art Deco district being along Ocean Drive from 5th -15th Streets

Sorry for the confusion, I had read several reviews that spoke of it being on the end of the Art Deco area and the resort itself describes....

"Our restored art deco interior evokes images of Old Miami and the jet-set era when Sinatra and Gleason headlined in our very own Starlight Room."

You can see where my confusion came from, I don't know Miami at all. Only going by what I read and what I experienced in the 15 hours I spent in a lovely area.

It truly IS an art deco restored hotel and gorgeous. I guess that's what matters most. Imagine a beautiful pink flamingo walled bathroom with large black/white tile floor...it was great!

Archived