Open Memo to FDR, Future O First-Timers & O Faithful

NAS-KARR

I simply have to tell you what a pleasurable, relaxing all satisfying cruise my wife and I recently had on Insignia, June 5th. It was everything I've read about on this board and then some. You run a fantastic Cruise Line.

It all started with a T Agency from the west coast, I wonder if they wear Oceania blue uniforms also because their concern for our satisfaction, and their thoughtful, caring treatment of us and concern for a happy cruise mirrored the attitude of your staff on board the vessel. Their follow thru on everything was the best. You know of whom I speak.

The Announcements on board were very few in number each day.

One from the Capt. and maybe 3 at most from the CD. There was no nonsense and each anouncement was made only once. How great is this ?

The Staff was very special. So attentive and in tune with everything around them. I'm a handicapped traveler with a POC (portable oxygen concentrator). I'm forever stopping somewhere(gangplank,hallway,tender patio,Terrace Cafe,GDR) to let the POC catch up to my breathing needs. Each time I stop 3 to 5 different staff appear out of no where to ask,"is everything ok ?", "do you need any help ?" FDR you should be very proud of your people. They are EXTREMELY friendly and no where did I detect an "attitude".

The Food~ ~enough has been said on a daily basis on this board and my comments are right in-line with the reputation of excellence.

The Pool Area~in a word, heaven. Very restful and quiet, no "pool games",no rock n roll tunes,no DJ, & very few in the pool.

In general~ ~ ~nice and quiet, 50% of the folks are knapping the other 50% reading or deep in thought & relaxing. EXCEPT one Saturday afternoon the Ionian Sea exploded into a chorus of

M A R C O P O L O M A R C O P O L O

FOR HOURS & HOURS (it seemed) FDR your monitors have GOT to take some action on this.

The Dress Code for those of you who worry so was very relaxed, everyone was wearing a little of everything. IMO each adult dressed "adultly" and according to the pub'd guidelines. On ocassion the limits were stretched in each direction and NO eyebrows were raised.

I don't EVER go on a vacation and bring a "white glove" along to give an inspection. But let me tell you~ ~ ~ the INSIGNIA was immaculate~ ~she looked good and was clean~ ~ very well kept.

We enjoyed our cruise Mr Frank and we're coming back, please don't EVER let up, this cruise line is most refreshing !

CIAO,

We were on O March 08 Caribbean Pearls, our first cruise ever and you have expressed our thoughts completely. We are booked again Jan09 and can't wait for another incredible experience. Kudos all who make this happen.:D

I'm so pleased you enjoyed cruising aboard Insignia.

Please be assured that I am very proud of all the men and women who work so hard to make our guests feel at home aboard our ships. They take great pride in pleasing our guests and in delivering the "Oceania" experience every day.

Hope to meet you on board some day soon.

FDR

Archived