Question Attention Any Cruisers Who Sailed On The Gem Recently

pandi77

Dang, I am trying to remember. We were aft, in 10666 so we didn't pay much attention to the sides. I think in most ports, starboard gave the best view but in most cases, both sides were great, especially Malta and Villefrance. Maybe someone else will remember more . . .

Good luck,

Lizzie

Which side of the ship has a better view of the Mediterranian ports? If picking an aft corner which corner would you pick? Starboard or port?

Thanks for any input:o

Hey !

I think we were on the port side (under La Cucina) and we were able to see Mt. Etna. In Malta we faced Valetta and the dock. The other ports were industrial and pretty unattractive and so i don't think it would have mattered what side you were on. At sea I don't recall being able to see land very well except through the straight of Messina which is where you will see Mt. Etna which is better viewed as mentioned above.

Wednesday, I'm glad to hear that someone enjoyed the port side. I keep reading that most prefer the starboard side. We'll be on deck 10 about midship on the port side, so we'll be sure to keep a watch out for Mt Etna. Can't wait!

Starboard side is best on this cruise, if you want to watch the land go by. Etna does go by on the port side, at around 9pm on Tuesday night, and can be seen for quite a while. The ship does not announce this, but they should, it's worth seeing. But the majority of the cruise's best views are from the right side.

Arby810, thanks for the time regarding Mt Etna. I'm sure we'd enjoy seeing that, so I'll be adding it to our itinerary for Tuesday. I guess it will be one of the advantages of having a port side balcony.

Arby810, thanks for the time regarding Mt Etna. I'm sure we'd enjoy seeing that, so I'll be adding it to our itinerary for Tuesday. I guess it will be one of the advantages of having a port side balcony.

Especially since we saw the flow of lava. Trez cool! I do feel pretty scared for the folks below it though. But what a magnificent sight.

Archived