Scenic- Budapest to Amsterdam

newnanna

Hi, I have just booked this trip, and was hoping my husband could come with me, however, he can't get the time off so I am taking a girlfriend.

We are both late 40's and I remember from my last cruise if there are many females doing the trip without husbands.

My husband and I had a wonderful time on our last river cruise with Viking.

Do you think I am making a mistake keeping the booking and traveling with my girlfriend? Thanks

I recently returned from Viking's Rhine River cruise with 7 other girlfriends. We are in our 60s and have been friends since college. Although we were the only such group on the ship, we had a great time and the crew loved us. Most of the passengers were couples, but we met some mother-daughter pairs. Just go and have a great time.

Pink

Why would it be a big mistake? If your friend and you are very compatible you should have a great time. I've taken 3 river boat trips with a girlfriend I've had since 4th grade (a very long time). She is a widow and my husband won't travel abroad. We have met many ladies who are traveling together, and have always been asked by couples to join them at dinner. If your husband is ok with it I say go and have a great trip.

L. L.

On our cruise there were two women who were traveling alone. We frequently asked them to join us at our table for lunch and/or dinner, as did several other passengers. We still keep in touch with both of them. Don't worry, you'll have a great time and maybe make some great new friends.

Buck

Newnanna:

Go for it! My wife and I returned in mid April from a Black Sea to Budapest Danube River Cruise on GCT's River Adagio. On board were a couple of groups of female friends, and they had a ball. Betty and I found ourselves going many places with two such ladies from the midwest. Both were widows. They participated in every tour, and added immensely to our trip. The trip, the boat, and our companions were all great. Budapest is a marvelous city, so I hope you have plenty of time there to see a lot. We stayed six days, and it was not quite enough. Our hotel was a distance from downtown, but public transportation (rail and subway), were exciting and easy to use. A trip to Gellert Hill, at night, shouldn't be missed. The city is illuminated and is beautiful from that height! That is where the statue of the lady holding the branch is located.

Archived