Star Refit

Murphey

I'm really happy to hear about all these renovatons. I'm going on the Star in November. I'll be able to compare the new Star with the Golden I was on last September. I hope they put new, softer mattresses in the mini suites and all the other cabins as well. Mattresses are so much better on HAL. Why doesn't Carnival put the HAL mattresses on the Princess ships? Sure would be nice.

Hmm . . . hopefully they will find a way to integrate it better than on the Grand.

Enlighten me please....the only MUTS that we have experience with was on the Grand. How is it different than on the other ships??

Enlighten me please....the only MUTS that we have experience with was on the Grand. How is it different than on the other ships??

On Grand, they added MUTS to the main pool and it just doesn't seem to fit in very well.

On Crown, Emerald and the forthcoming Ruby, it is built in to what is the covered pool on Grand, but is open on those three ships. It seems to look better where they placed it on these ships. Just our opinion though.

Grand:

2001666390056174329S600x600Q85.jpg

Emerald:

2555905770092706180S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for the pictures..it explains it better. However, I am such a dummy....it also pointed out to me that there is no covered pool on the newest ships. This is a big disapointment to me!!! Going on the Emerald in the fall and just finished raving to my sister about how nice the conservatory was on the Grand.....oops! Just assumed it was the same!

Thanks for the pictures..it explains it better. However, I am such a dummy....it also pointed out to me that there is no covered pool on the newest ships. This is a big disapointment to me!!! Going on the Emerald in the fall and just finished raving to my sister about how nice the conservatory was on the Grand.....oops! Just assumed it was the same!

Yes, I also find it sad that the "Conservatory" (covered pool) has been removed for the newer ships. I'd rather the MUTS be put on the outdoor pool and leave the covered pool alone.

Yes, I also find it sad that the "Conservatory" (covered pool) has been removed for the newer ships. I'd rather the MUTS be put on the outdoor pool and leave the covered pool alone.

We're conservatory fans here too - we're sailing the brand new Ruby in November and will miss the conservatory.

Confirmation from my friend at Princess:

"Yup, the big screen will be added to the Star. We're in the process of final negotiations on that one."

I have never been on a ship that has one. I am not a fan of extra noise however. Then again if there is a sporting event that I am interested in I would probably be okay with it. I am interested to see it next year.

Confirmation from my friend at Princess:

"Yup, the big screen will be added to the Star. We're in the process of final negotiations on that one."

I have never been on a ship that has one. I am not a fan of extra noise however. Then again if there is a sporting event that I am interested in I would probably be okay with it. I am interested to see it next year.

Thanks for checking. I've read that on Sea Princess you need special wireless headphones to hear the audio.

Archived