Traffic Problems

seiffann

I just found out that there will be traffic delays going into galveston this weekend. Southbound lanes on causeway will be shut down to one lane.

If there is anyone who can verify this, please let us know. I know that they are working on the bridge.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/khou080617_ac_causewayclosure.10798ff9.html

This is the only thing I could find on it. The article is from the 17th of June so it should be taken care of now. You could always take the ferry if you wanted to bypass any traffic tie ups there. Then again the ferry is usually packed too. I would just try to stick it out with the causeway.Just MHO of course.

I'm driving in Saturday to leave on the Ecstasy and I was wondering this very thing! I know there is some kind of site where travelers can check road conditions and anticipate construction delays. I can't find anything, though. Does anyone know - maybe through TxDot or AAA? If there are major delays anywhere along I45 between Dallas and Galveston, I need to know!

Google Maps has a traffic condition feature. Here is the link.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&layer=t&z=4&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-google-gtr&utm_medium=ha&utm_term=traffic%20report

This is a quote directly from that link refering to the Galveston Causeway

Lane closed on TX-6 between Bayou Vista and The Galveston/brazoria County LineDescription:In the Texas City La Marque area Alternate lanes closed daily 9 am 5 pm (Delay)

Started: Jun 23, 2008 9:32am

Expected to end: Jun 25, 2008 9:35am

Should be over by tomorrow it looks like.

Guest scfjjb

Also, on I-45 (north and south) from Bay Area exit, Nasa Parkway exit (closed) and League City (518) exit there are traffic slow downs due to road construction. Generally Friday and Saturdays are the worst days.

Archived