Upgrades

4bellablue

Hi yet again:

I booked the cheapest cabins. What's the policy for upgrades? How can I get a good deal.

I am going in Feb on the Gem out of New York.

Payment due end of Nov. What if better price comes up? Can I request that price.

All help will really be appreciated

Good deals are rare. You MIGHT be able to pay the difference between your room and the one you want if you call. You will hear about UPSELLS, but do not count on it. That is where they call a few people a few weeks before the cruise to offer a higher room at a discount. Again, very few people get them.

You should be able to get any lower prices between now and final payment. You will NOT get the better price after final has been paid. Some price changes are sales and for NEW bookings only.

Book what you will be happy with. If you get something better, then great.

Again thanks for reply

Booked two rooms

Daughter 15 and I one room

Husband and 8 year old son second

Do you think that's a good idea? want to have some space.

Suite was more and did not seem to big.

Wish I could get balcony, but don't think it's worth it.

Thanks All

are they connecting? if so, then you can leave the door open (between the cabins) and put the kids in one cabin and the adults can enjoy their own cabin. (yes, they let you do that)

upgrades are very rare..really...it may not sound like it when what you can read on these boards. but in all my years of traveling, i have never been upgraded or offer a great upsell.

at least this way you have 2 bathrooms:D

Not connected, 3 rooms down. My daughter likes to sleep late as well as I do. Son gets up early, husband is great gets up with him every day. They like breakfast.

Daughter and I can wait until later.

So I guess it will be okay, just wish I could afford a window or balcony!!!

It is worth checking back from time to time to see if you can get rooms next door, or connecting is even better. With your date so far out, some people are holding rooms that will later drop them. You never know what will come up.

You can also log in everyday and see at least 6 of the open rooms. Web sites do not show all of them.

if you booked through a TA, have them check on a connecting cabin..with the adjoining door it's easier to keep track of everyone. also, make sure your reservations are linked, otherwise one of yourcould be moved to another floor.

if you booked GTY, then you don't have any choice, but if you picked your cabin...you can move them around, as long as they have them.

Archived