Carnival Valor Vs Carnival Liberty

William W

I'm currently debating whether to take the Valor's E. Caribbean Nov 30 sailing vs Liberty's E. Caribbean sailing on Nov 29. I understand the hardwares are pretty much identical, but in terms of the software (crew, food, etc) is there a difference. The cruise will be for myself and my wife as well as our toddler who will be turning 2 in January.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Thanks

I have been on both ships twice already and have each one booked again in the next year. I have really found no difference in service on either ship. I have always had a great experience. In fact, my dinner waitress from my August Liberty trip was my waitress on my December Valor trip as she had just started a new contract!

It was nice to have a familiar face who remember me and my friend. The only reason to choose one over the other is whether you would rather go to Nassau or San Juan. With a little one in tow, the Valor and Nassau may be a better choice as it is a daytime stop where as the Liberty does not dock in San Juan until 4:30 or 5:00 in the evening.

As far as hardscapes, I think the Liberty is a prettier ship with the exception on the dance club which is truly hideous. The Valor has a very patriotic theme complete with red, white and blue and lots of eagles.

Bottom line, you cannot go wrong in choosing either ship.

While I haven't sailed the Liberty, I find very little difference in the "software" from ship to ship. So much is variable depending on your actual cabin steward and dining room waiter - you could get an outstanding one or a horrible one on any ship. And since the crew changes so frequently, it's kind of tough to say that one ship has better service over the other. The ships are nearly identical as you point out. I agree with the above poster that the decision should come between itineraries. I also agree that with a little one, the Valor with the day stop in Nassau would be the better choice. I'm sure you'll have a great cruise either way!

Thanks everyone for your input. Since every thing was pretty much equal, I picked the Liberty as we have previously been to Nassau before, but haven't been to San Juan.

We are booked on the Nov 29 sailing. Now, the difficult part, finding reasonable airfare to get down to Miami from Ottawa, ON.:mad:

Thanks everyone for your input. Since every thing was pretty much equal, I picked the Liberty as we have previously been to Nassau before, but haven't been to San Juan.

We are booked on the Nov 29 sailing. Now, the difficult part, finding reasonable airfare to get down to Miami from Ottawa, ON.:mad:

Try flying into FLL. It is usually cheaper. Or check into cruise air (many from Canada say it is much cheaper than booking your own)

Archived