Norwegian Dawn, AC vs. AB--What's the Difference?

JohnEZ

I'm a little new to NCL, admittedly--I normally hang around a few other boards quite a bit, but I saw a few photos of the AB cabins on the Dawn and found myself kind of interested! I'm doing a little research for a very small group, and I want to be informed when I make my pitch in terms of which line/which stateroom. SO...

What's the difference between an AC and an AB? Location? Decor? Amenities? Something I missed?

Thanks!

I'm a little new to NCL, admittedly--I normally hang around a few other boards quite a bit, but I saw a few photos of the AB cabins on the Dawn and found myself kind of interested! I'm doing a little research for a very small group, and I want to be informed when I make my pitch in terms of which line/which stateroom. SO...

What's the difference between an AC and an AB? Location? Decor? Amenities? Something I missed?

Thanks!

AB Suites are really nice. They have master bedroom, and a large bath with seperate tub and shower and two sinks. There are windows located above the tub looking out to sea, and from floor to ceiling in the shower. They have a seperate room that is a sitting area with a 42" plasma tv, and another area with a table for 4, bar, and fridge. There is also a small second bedroom with bath. It has a loveseat that converts to a bed, and a pullman that comes off the wall to create bunk beds. This link has some pics. If you scroll down there is a poster that has a link to shots of an AB she stayed in. It has alot of pictures and you'll get a good feel for the suite. AB's are located on deck 11 forward and midship.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=795900

I just stayed in the AB and it was wonderful. There are windows over the tub but there were no windows in the shower area. Maybe the Dawn is different.

Anyway, you will love the AB. The only negative thing is the couch in the living area is very uncomfortable. Like sitting on rocks.

I just stayed in the AB and it was wonderful. There are windows over the tub but there were no windows in the shower area. Maybe the Dawn is different.

Anyway, you will love the AB. The only negative thing is the couch in the living area is very uncomfortable. Like sitting on rocks.

Yeah, the Dawn does have windows in the shower area.

Link to many pics of the AB on the Dawn in my signature. You'll LOVE the AB!!! Don't forget with the AB comes Concierge and Butler service. If you get Armando or Ravi as your butler, you're in for a real treat!!!

If you get Jeffrey, please call Anca and get a change. He is not very good.

I had no windows in the shower area. Was just there on June 1.

Oops. Sorry, I am wrong. Now I remember there was a window in the shower. I was too busy enjoying all the water faucets. The shower is a dream. Just had my master bath redone and it is not as nice as the shower in the AB suite.

Enjoy.

MPK218, i love your Avitar I was in that Suite on the Sun in Oct 2004. I miss that Suite i love being in an Aft cabin. I will be on the NCL Dawn in October in an AB Suite so i was looking at your attachment of the AB and am a little confused. The room status sign has two cabin numbers on it 11538/11550 ??? Does both suits have one room status sign ???

thank u

minimom:)

MPK218, i love your Avitar I was in that Suite on the Sun in Oct 2004. I miss that Suite i love being in an Aft cabin. I will be on the NCL Dawn in October in an AB Suite so i was looking at your attachment of the AB and am a little confused. The room status sign has two cabin numbers on it 11538/11550 ??? Does both suits have one room status sign ???

thank u

Im not sure if Im answering you question , but , the link is for The AB and yes that also applies to the Dawn.

It is not 11538.

thank u

I will also be in an AB but on the Star ( Mex. Riv> ):D

thank u

Yes, there are 2 cabin numbers listed on the status signs for the AB's. One number is for the suite, but the other one is for the second bedroom of the same suite. It's almost an entire cabin itself: bedroom that sleeps 3, closet, dresser drawers, TV, table, and a full bath. I don't see the reason for it, but that's the way they did it.

thank u 2cruise4ever, i was note getting why there were two room numbers on the Room Status Sign, we wil be in an AB for the fisrt time on the Dawn in October. I am pretty excited.

We booked this cruise last November. When i saw the price of the cabin i told my DH we had to go for it. $1699pp:D that was less than what we paid last year for an Aft AE on the Star.

minimom

Oooooo Boy! Prepare to be completely spoiled!! We were booked in an AF on our first Dawn cruise. Got the upsell to an AB for $900. Couldn't pass it up. I've been saving pennies ever since to be able to sail in the AB. They got me hook, line, and sinker. You are going to have such a blast!!!

Remember to order breakfast from Cagney's (delivered to your cabin). The crab cakes benedict are to DIE FOR!!! And, there's no charge.

If you get either Armando or Ravi as your butler, you are in for a treat!! They are both fabulous! And, tell them I said "hi!"

2cruise4ever,

u are getting me all excited. i love eggs benedict and crab cackes. i have never had them together cannot wait to try them, yumo.

I usualy like to get an AFT cabin because i love sleeping with the balcony door open while the ship is at sea and the size of the wrap around balcony. Oh well i think with the looks of the AB bathroom i will not be to dissapointed with the smaller balcony:D

cindi:)

Oooooo Boy! Prepare to be completely spoiled!! We were booked in an AF on our first Dawn cruise. Got the upsell to an AB for $900. Couldn't pass it up. I've been saving pennies ever since to be able to sail in the AB. They got me hook, line, and sinker. You are going to have such a blast!!!

Remember to order breakfast from Cagney's (delivered to your cabin). The crab cakes benedict are to DIE FOR!!! And, there's no charge.

If you get either Armando or Ravi as your butler, you are in for a treat!! They are both fabulous! And, tell them I said "hi!"

If you get Jeffrey as a butler you can forget Cagney's room service. He wouldn't do it for us without an extra charge. We were in the AB penthouse.

If you get Jeffrey as a butler you can forget Cagney's room service. He wouldn't do it for us without an extra charge. We were in the AB penthouse.

As expected. Dinner from any of the specialty restaurants that have a surcharge you will pay even if your butler brings them. Breakfast or Lunch options from Cagney's carry no extra charge even from Jeffrey.

As expected. Dinner from any of the specialty restaurants that have a surcharge you will pay even if your butler brings them. Breakfast or Lunch options from Cagney's carry no extra charge even from Jeffrey.

Guess you weren't with us with Jeffrey because he insisted there was a charge. And since we didn't know any better we believed him. I know better now.

2cruise4ever,

u are getting me all excited. i love eggs benedict and crab cackes. i have never had them together cannot wait to try them, yumo.

I usualy like to get an AFT cabin because i love sleeping with the balcony door open while the ship is at sea and the size of the wrap around balcony. Oh well i think with the looks of the AB bathroom i will not be to dissapointed with the smaller balcony:D

cindi:)

You can keep the balcony door open if you wish. But, you probably won't hear the ocean much in the master bedroom, unless you keep the curtains open. But, then, you'll be waking with the sun.

There is NOTHING like the AB on the Dawn. It was an incredible experience.

And, to those who say that Cagney's has a surcharge for breakfast and/or lunch: that's bull-honkey! Breakfast and lunch in Cagney's is free!!! Don't let anyone tell you differently. Dinner, now that's another story. Even if you have Cagney's for dinner delivered to your cabin, you'll pay the surcharge. BUT, it's sooooo worth it. The food is incredible. The service awesome!

You can keep the balcony door open if you wish. But, you probably won't hear the ocean much in the master bedroom, unless you keep the curtains open. But, then, you'll be waking with the sun.

There is NOTHING like the AB on the Dawn. It was an incredible experience.

And, to those who say that Cagney's has a surcharge for breakfast and/or lunch: that's bull-honkey! Breakfast and lunch in Cagney's is free!!! Don't let anyone tell you differently. Dinner, now that's another story. Even if you have Cagney's for dinner delivered to your cabin, you'll pay the surcharge. BUT, it's sooooo worth it. The food is incredible. The service awesome!

I assume you are saying that Jeffrey is bull honkey and not me. LOL. We believed everything Jeffrey told us. No fruit and snacks the first day. Pay extra for appetizers even from the free resturants, pay extra for breakfast that was not on the room service menu. We never got our cookies either. We still had a wonderful time but I wish I knew then what I know now. Not sure why Jeffrey wasn't trained but I wished I had Ravi.

I assume you are saying that Jeffrey is bull honkey and not me. LOL. We believed everything Jeffrey told us. No fruit and snacks the first day. Pay extra for appetizers even from the free resturants, pay extra for breakfast that was not on the room service menu. We never got our cookies either. We still had a wonderful time but I wish I knew then what I know now. Not sure why Jeffrey wasn't trained but I wished I had Ravi.

Mille ~ of course I didn't mean you!!! Again, I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience. No, the breakfast menu isn't extra charge. Appetizers (or main dishes for that matter) from the main restaurants shouldn't be extra charge, either. And, it's too bad you didn't get your cookies. Can I offer you a hot dog??? JK

Ravi was wonderful. As was Armando. I didn't hear either of them mention Jeffrey. I'm wondering if he's still there. I'd be curious to find out.....

Regarding the breakfast menu: write in whatever you'd like. They'll bring it to you (shouldn't be extra charge): pancakes, eggs benedict, crab cakes benedict, poached eggs, whatever. We wrote in something each day and didn't incur any extra charges.

Mille ~ of course I didn't mean you!!! Again, I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience. No, the breakfast menu isn't extra charge. Appetizers (or main dishes for that matter) from the main restaurants shouldn't be extra charge, either. And, it's too bad you didn't get your cookies. Can I offer you a hot dog??? JK

Ravi was wonderful. As was Armando. I didn't hear either of them mention Jeffrey. I'm wondering if he's still there. I'd be curious to find out.....

Regarding the breakfast menu: write in whatever you'd like. They'll bring it to you (shouldn't be extra charge): pancakes, eggs benedict, crab cakes benedict, poached eggs, whatever. We wrote in something each day and didn't incur any extra charges.

Thanks. On my next trip I will make sure I am educated on the fine points of suite living. All in all I had a great trip anyway.

Archived