Has anyone used the Thassolotherapy Pools?

bepsf

Just wondering...

I barely have time to jump in a pool at all, much less pay for the "salt water jacuzzi"

Has anyone else here tried them out?

...and how does staff verify that you've paid the extra fee?

if you're referring to the hydrotherapy pool on the Vista ships... there is a $15.00 charge and the doors to the hydrotherapy room work like your cabin door, you must use a key to enter. You get the key from the front desk when you pay the $15.00 :)

On our Zuiderdam Cruise I was given use of the hydrotherapy pool before I got my massage. I did not think it was worth $15.00 Per day, Per person. On the other hand, we just returned from our Constellation Cruise and the Thalassotherapy Pool is included on that class of ship and well worth using. Most of our free time was in that pool and the Aqua Spa area.

The Thallosotherapy pool is one of our favorite places on every ship that offers one. We always get a package price for the duration of the cruise on Holland America and often they will offer a "couples special" for unlimited use of this pool for the entire cruise. We have never really enjoyed massages or most of the other spa experiences, but really consider this pool a special part of each day. It is wonderful that Celebrity offers their lovely thallosotherapy

pool at no additional charge, making it the first cruiseline we check now when we are researching particular itineraries. But even at a price, we feel it is worth your consideration.

The price is not the same on every cruise. You could contact Holland America Spa Services who will probably direct you to the Spa manager (to get a price package prior to departure). It has included the use of the locker room, its wonderful showers and sauna, and robes and towels of course. I know that last year on the Mediterranean Oosterdam cruise it was around $250 for the 12 days. But things are always changing and I would contact them by phone and ask. Wish we were there right now! Enjoy.

We bought the couples package on Oosterdam last March. DH used the pool every day. I used it four out of the seven days. We particularly liked to use it on port days when it was less crowded. DH has a bad back and he really felt better after being in the pool evey day.

This is the email I received last week, when I called Steiner re: T-Pool

Dear Kathleen,

Here is the information regarding the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite for the Oosterdam.

Day Pass per Suite Thermal $15 per person & Hydro $15 per person

Cruise Pass per Suite $80 per person - can choose Thermal or Hydro

Cruise Pass for both Suites Thermal and Hydro $150 per person

Cruise Pass for both Suites Thermal and Hydro for couples $250

TheGreenhouse Retreat – Thermal Suite

A communal relaxation center that has an ambiance similar to a Turkish Bath. Different grottos and chambers release a variety of dry heat, steam and mists into the air with aromatherapy-filled vapors. Relax on a heated ceramic lounge and allow the pressure’s of life to rinse away.

TheGreenhouse Thalassotherapy Pool - Hydro Suite

The bubbling ocean water is rich with trace elements and vitamins, helping to re-mineralize the body. Gently heated to body temperature, the hydrotherapy pool embraces the body with warmth, soothing sore joints, to alleviate arthritic pain and offering wonderful relief for sports injuries. Nurture your sensory experience before your scheduled spa packages or therapies.

My wife and I lucked out on our cruise. We were on the extended hurricane Frances cruise on the Zuiderdam and on the last day at sea my wife asked the attendant at the spa desk if we could just try the hydro pool for a minute. The manager was standing there and he said "what the hell" and said sure. We used it for about a half hour and loved it. There is a section in the middle that you can control the power of the bubbles and a water jet that will massage your scalp. Try it you'll like...but I'm not sure it's worth the price they're asking.

After reading all the posts, I was wondering if this is available on all of the HAL ships or just the larger ships.

So far, its just on the Vista Class ships - tho I hear that they may be added to the S and R Classes as well (lord knows where....)

So far, its just on the Vista Class ships - tho I hear that they may be added to the S and R Classes as well (lord knows where....)

It has just been added to the Ryndam. From the photos on another thread they have enlarged the Lido deck out from the gym. It is to be unveiled today.

Ken

TVMet- As I mentioned in the post below, we did not pay any additional amount to use those facilities on a vista class ship when we purchased the Thallasotherapy Use Package. I suppose if you just wanted to use the locker room and did not pay for any other spa service that a charge would be appropriate. Always call HAL or Steiner to verify these things. They seem to vary but HAL or Steiner will confirm in a letter any info they give you by phone ( or you can email and print their reply). Then you can present the information you were given when you board at the spa and have the name of who told you. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived