Help! In cozumel, which beach to go to???

sarahsema

I truly thought I had researched and planned everything we needed for our Glory cruise July 12th, but DH came home yesterday and said he was second guessing our plans in Cozumel.

We are traveling with 4 adults, one toddler, and 3 teenage girls.

Our plans were to go to Paradise Beach, but I am reading that it is kind of limited and not a pretty beach (brown water).

I have also read alot about Punta Sur, Chakanaab, and Nachi Cocum, as well as Playa Palancar and Playa Mia.

We are looking for a beautiful beach to play, sun and have a good time. We don't need a party, but don't want the girls bored at a "quiet beach".

HELP! Where should we go to make the most of our day in Cozumel!

We leave for our trip in one week!

Last year we met some pax who had small kids with them and they took them to Chankanaab and had a WONDERFUL time. They have spoken so highly of it since that we are going there when we cruise in August. Happy Cruising!

I love Nachi Cocum but I wouldn't take the kids there. It is quiet. No water toys. I'm sure the kids would be bored. However, they do have parasailing, jet skis, etc.

If the water was brown at Paradise, it is probably brown on all the beaches on that side of the island. I've read that if a storm comes through, it kicks up the sediment and the water is brown.

What did you read Paradise was limited by? They have the water toys, parasailing, massages, jet skis, snorkel trips, food and drink. What's missing?

We have been to several beaches in Coz and never experienced brown water. We had brown water on the ship. but not at any of the beaches. I'm sure that the water gets roiled if the wind is strong out of the north, but it hasn't happened to us. This is some of the prettiest/clearest water that I have seen anywhere.

Chank or Paradise Beach should handle everyone fine.

Lots of reviews and info on the Ports of Call boards.

I truly thought I had researched and planned everything we needed for our Glory cruise July 12th, but DH came home yesterday and said he was second guessing our plans in Cozumel.

We are traveling with 4 adults, one toddler, and 3 teenage girls.

Our plans were to go to Paradise Beach, but I am reading that it is kind of limited and not a pretty beach (brown water).

I have also read alot about Punta Sur, Chakanaab, and Nachi Cocum, as well as Playa Palancar and Playa Mia.

We are looking for a beautiful beach to play, sun and have a good time. We don't need a party, but don't want the girls bored at a "quiet beach".

HELP! Where should we go to make the most of our day in Cozumel!

We leave for our trip in one week!

The same water will be at all the beach resorts. ALL the beach resorts are down the West side (which is the commercial side).

We have been going to Cozumel for 10 years and the water "can" (not always does) get murky if there is a Norte blowing through or just blew through. We have gone to Cozumel as many as 5 times a year and only once was it murky. Some visits have been clearer than others, but they were fine. All that depends on Mother Nature.

If you want a lot of the teenage girls to do, Paradise Beach has the $10 wristbands. Since they are optional, the girls can get them and the rest of the party does not have to.

Chankanaab Park will be great for the toddler, but I unless the girls only want to snorkle...I am not sure they will be entertained enough.

Nachi Cocum is an all inclusive that is $49.00 per adult and $29.00 per child.

(not sure about the toodler) So that could get expensive and any activities are extra.

Playa Mia has a lot to do, but it is not a free beach (like Paradise)...also will have the same water as Paradise and this is where the Fiesta Boat drops off folks from the cruise ship that have been drinking all day. (I will allow you to draw your own conclusions.) Entrance fee last time I checked was $8 a person...but they may have gone to $12.

I have never been to Punta Sur or Playa Palancar...but if they are not on the VERY tip of the island (which "may" clear the water up some) then they are all going to have the same water.

Do wear water shoes...no matter which resort you go to.

Don't overplan...just go and relax and have a great cruise!!

Do you have to book Chankanaab as an excursion, or can we just take a taxi there the day we arrive?

Are there any beach activities for the kids, any bar/restaurant???

Chank has an entrance fee.... I would go to Mr. Sanchos... water activities for the kids, restaurant/bar... plenty to do for all ages ! Just take a taxi and ENJOY the caribbean brreze and warm sun ! Dont forget the sunscreen ! :D

Do you have to book Chankanaab as an excursion, or can we just take a taxi there the day we arrive?

Are there any beach activities for the kids, any bar/restaurant???

You do not have to book Chankanaab. The entrance fee is $16 a person (look for a discount coupon online to save a couple of bucks per person).

I am not sure if snorkeling is extra.

Taxis to all the beach resorts will run you $12-15 one way for up to 4 people.

There are large vans that an handle your group. The director who loads you can tell you how much.

CP has a play area and beach area that is above the water line. No playing in the waves.

To the OP about Paradise Beach being limited (which puzzled me as well)..

As for what Paradise Beach has....the $10 wristband allows you unlimited use for the entire day to water toys like 2 water trampolines, an iceberg, kayaks, snorkeling (although snorkeling from the beach at any resort except CP will not be that great except to beginnners), individual floats and multi person floats and land toys like a bungie trampoline and doing goofy stuff like climbing coconut trees.

As you already know, the lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas, CLEAN restrooms, changing rooms and even Internet at the bar are all free. All they ask is that you eat/drink while you are there. There are lockers for $4 for the day if you need them. And some equipment requires a deposit, but it is fully refunded when you return the equipment. They also have life vests for those who are not strong swimmers. That is included in the wristband.

Paradise Beach also has independent vendors who will take on you banana boat rides, jet ski, parasailing, and massages for $1 a minute right on the beach in a cool tent. (20-30 minute minimum)

We have gone to paradise beach for the past 2 years.....traveled with 3 kids of our own and lots of others in our group....we actually had so much fun there 2 years ago that we went back this past spring break! You buy a wrist band for (i believe) 7 dollars...which allows you to snorkle, kayak, float on the water mats, climb on the trampoline and climbing "mountain thing" out in the water, and bungee jump all day! The chairs and umbrellas are free and the food was really good! especially the nachos! We also had a great time at carlos and charlies which is just next door!!!

we just back from Cozumel and went to Punta Sur. You get a tour of Cozumel, see a mayan ruin, go to the beach (your choice to snorkel or not) we were in the hammocks and went shell collecting. Food is plentiful there. Then you get to go to lighthouse and climb it if you want. go to webshots.com and check out the picstures! here are some of mine

2620303250096534576kgUMth_th.jpg

Archived