Group Discount - How many rooms?

NASA138

Does anyone know how many cabins you need to book to start to get a discount? We have about 6 or 7 rooms worth of people interested in a March 2009 cruise.

Thanks,

If you have 8 rooms booked (sometimes 5, depending on ship and sailing) you will earn one free cruise berh (excluding taxes and fees)... On select sailing "ammenity points" may be offered offering a variety of things to provide to passengers....i.e. OBC, photo, shared cocktail party, champagne and strawberries. etc.....There can possibly be lower rates for a group but not always.

But keep in mind that if the group falls below the minimum staterooms to earn the free berth, those other perks may go away too.

Many times when people hear of a great group rate and have interest, it seems that only 5- 60 % follow thru when it is time to pony up the deposits and even up till the final payment time a % will back out ! Some TA's will be able to secure a $25.00 p/p deposit, but we have found that the folks real serious within a group are the ones that put up the full deposit i.e. $250.00 p/p for a 7 night cruise. This just comes from my experiences with groups.....many are lookers and get excited until it is time to pay up !

Best of luck in forming your group !

If you have 8 rooms booked (sometimes 5, depending on ship and sailing) you will earn one free cruise berh (excluding taxes and fees)... On select sailing "ammenity points" may be offered offering a variety of things to provide to passengers....i.e. OBC, photo, shared cocktail party, champagne and strawberries. etc.....There can possibly be lower rates for a group but not always.

But keep in mind that if the group falls below the minimum staterooms to earn the free berth, those other perks may go away too.

Many times when people hear of a great group rate and have interest, it seems that only 5- 60 % follow thru when it is time to pony up the deposits and even up till the final payment time a % will back out ! Some TA's will be able to secure a $25.00 p/p deposit, but we have found that the folks real serious within a group are the ones that put up the full deposit i.e. $250.00 p/p for a 7 night cruise. This just comes from my experiences with groups.....many are lookers and get excited until it is time to pay up !

Could I have your e-mail address?...I am wanting some info that I think that you may be able to help me with. :)

Thank you,

Glenda

Does anyone know how many cabins you need to book to start to get a discount? We have about 6 or 7 rooms worth of people interested in a March 2009 cruise.

Thanks,

It is 8 cabins, Once booked one of the passengers rates would be free.

I was just talking to a PVP tonight about this. She told me 8 cabins, 16 people.

Yes... for a 7 night cruise 8 cabins based on double occupancy. 3d and 4th passengers do not count towards a free berth....in the past, shorter cruises will sometimes offer only a 5 cabin requirement to earn the free berth....It really depends on the ship, sail date and length of cruise as to the specific "perks" you will have available for your cruise.

I can agree with you!! this has happen to me, come deposit time its not looking so great for people anymore. :D

I can agree with you!! this has happen to me, come deposit time its not looking so great for people anymore. :D

And whats bad is when the group leader gets everyone excited and they start booking.... then later, the group leader drops out and many follow suit !

Yes... for a 7 night cruise 8 cabins based on double occupancy. 3d and 4th passengers do not count towards a free berth....in the past, shorter cruises will sometimes offer only a 5 cabin requirement to earn the free berth....It really depends on the ship, sail date and length of cruise as to the specific "perks" you will have available for your cruise.

Is there a free berth for every multiple of eight cabins booked?

Yes, the more the merrier and those free berths comes in handy too !

Keep in mind the "free berth" value will based on the highest % of type of stateroom purchased i.e. 3 inside and 5 oceanview will earn the berth based on the oceanview rate.

I also want to add

that group bookings are usually guarantee cabin rates

and do not get adjustments it seems

like if rates go down

or if upgrades are showing ...

the way It was expalined ... if you find a lower price you can opt out of the goup

and if upgrades are available for that sailing ..you may not be eligible for them ... past guest codes can not be used , etc

it is a bummer

but it seems like groups arent always the best way to go :(

I been doing groups for years with carnival if you have 8 cabins or more its the best way to go...I always book GTY cabins and always been up grade from 4A to 4E or 4F and once From 4A to a 6A cabin....its very easy to handle a Group... you just have to pay $25.00 per person for the first deposit I always request $100.00 per person..Some times if you have cabins with triple and cuad they request the full deposit$250.00 p/p to confrim the cabin just have to check the restrictions of you salling....

Archived