The patch vs. Dramamine - drowsiness?

Leejnd4

LeeAnn, I just wanted to say what a trooper I think you are to buy a sailboat when you know you get seasick. That is about like poking yourself in the eye with a stick. Your husband is a very lucky man!

Hooray! The patch worked for me! I promised to come back and post my experience, so here it is. I put it on at about 10:00 this morning, and I was waiting to see if I felt any side effects at all -- NUTHIN. We headed down to the boat at about noon, did a bit more work on it and headed out of the harbor about 2:30. The seas were slightly rough - probably 3 to 5 ft swells, with a good 15-knot wind - enough that normally, on that small a boat like that, I'd be hanging over the side feeding the fishies within moments. But I felt...NUTHIN! No queasiness, no dry mouth, no dizziness. Just pure bliss, out there on the water feeling one with the sea. We saw a few dolphins, a couple of sea lions, tons of sea birds, and just cruised up the coast for an hour or so before coming about and cruising back.

I'm SO relieved - and ecstatic! I really wanted to find a solution. I LOVE being on the ocean in any form - I'm an avid scuba diver, frequent cruiser, regular beach goer - but the seasick thing has prevented me from really getting into boating. Now we own our own sailboat, and with the patch I've found a way to be able to truly enjoy it. My husband is thrilled - he loves sailing and has wanted to buy a sailboat for many years, and he's very happy that I can now be an effective first mate. When he yelled "Helm's a-lee" I was right there, sheeting in the jib, without a care in the world!

Hopefully my good experience with the patch will inspire some of you who've been reluctant to try it on a cruise to give it a go, and enjoy your cruise even more.

LeeAnn, I just wanted to say what a trooper I think you are to buy a sailboat when you know you get seasick. That is about like poking yourself in the eye with a stick. Your husband is a very lucky man!

That is such a nice thing to say! Thank you! I made my husband read this. After 27 years together, we tend to forget how lucky we are doncha know. ;)

Archived