Emerald Princess -Emerald Deck Mini Suites

Cruise Wander

Thinking about booking a cruise on the Emerald Princess. Have been on the Caribbean Princess. We want a mini suite. I think we would rather have a completely covered balcony not only for provacy but from the weather.

So, I have read all the posts about the Dolphin deck likes and dislikes. Are there any dislikes or negatives at all to the mini suites on the Emerald Deck?

Is this deck too far down? Any issues at all. Thanks

Most people love these covered minis - the only negatives I have heard are

- Music coming from the club underneath

- Windy balcony (mainly the last suite with the extended balcony)

- vibrations

- too far a walk from everything

I have stayed in an Emerald mini and loved it, I did not have a problem with music from below, the balcony was perfectly fine and not extra windy, I only felt vibrations when we were pulling in or out of port and I didn't think it was too far from everything, I found the location perfect, one deck down to promenade and the elevators take you right up to the buffet. It's very quiet in that corridor area with very little traffic.

Thanks for input and reply

We are looking at 72? ish cabin which is not an aft and more forward from aft so I think that wind would not be a big issue.

vibration would not bother us I hope.

Music , if a problem , I hope to offset this with having a starboard cabin away and not over the stage.

As far as walking, we need it and dont mind. Get to eat more and then walk it off.

I do see the lifts (elevators ) are a couple of cabins down for where we are considering.

I mainly like this area instead of UPGRADE to Dolphin due to privacy and weather.

I love the Emerald deck mini-suites! My favorite is the starboard furtherest aft mini on any of the Grand class ships!

If you do book an Emerald deck mini-suite, be sure your TA has you marked as "NO UPGRADE". Otherwise, Princess can (and probably will) just automatically "upgrade" you up to the uncovered Dolphin deck mini-suites. They're higher categories so considered to be upgrades.

Emerald deck mini suites are perfection. Nice quiet halls, covered balcony, we found the vibration to be minimal, and barely noticed it. I think this is an excellent location. But please dont tell anyone else, they are in enough demand as it is! :)

Karen

Archived