MS Le Diamant with UCLA alumni

747forever

Has anyone sailed on this small ship to Antarctica before and if so, what was your experience? There are 113 cabins and the itinerary being offered is for the end of Jan. 9nts, Ushaia RT. Thanks for any advice/opinions.

I see that Zegrahms (www.zeco.com) has the ship leased for 2 Antarctica cruises - one the end of the year and the other the beginning of next. They usually lease only the best quality ships and are a very upscale company. Quite often on these type of cruises, there are a few different organizations who have booked space on board. So, most likely, UCLA will not be aboard exclusively. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this as everyone joins in the spirit of the adventure. I can't find any information on the UCLA cruise although I tried googling so can't compare anything pricewise. Definitely go for Antarctica - I have the feeling that in the future tourism may be limited. Trips there have grown tremendously in the last few years and may be putting a strain on the ecosystem.

Archived