Dinner Question

I leave for my cruise in 2 weeks and I had requested the late dinner slot. When I got my cruise documents in the mail, it says my dinner time is 5:45.....does anyone know if it is possible to have this changed once on board?

Yes, you will need to head over to the Dining room on embarkation day, check the time when the Maitre'D is there for Table change request. If he is there at 11am you will need to be there at 10:30am to ensure you are one of the first to get this table changed to the late seating.

By the way what ship are you on? All dining times are now 6pm and 8:15pm.

Fred

Definitely. Go to the dining room when you board - then you will find out when the maitre de will be there. At that time, you can speak with him and chances are you will be able to change your dining time. Every time we ever needed a change we were able to do so.

I'd say that you stand a much better chance of getting early changed to late than late changed to early. Seems like most people want late changed to early. We have only gotten our requested time once in 6 cruises, so I'm quite accustomed to standing in line to see the maitre'd to have it changed on embarkation day. :rolleyes: However, last week on the Conquest, there were many disappointed passengers when they could not change to their preferred time. Most of them wanted to be seated together in groups of 10 or more, and the maitre'd simply could not move that many people together. However, we did receive our requested change, although we had to take a table for 2, which DH was not happy about. DH prefers to be seated with others, because he's a big talker. :o

We will be on the Fascination in October and I requested an early seating. When our documents came it said 5:45. I called my TA and he changed it to 6:15. Then he sent the documents again with that in writing. They have staggered times. Maybe 5:45 for one dining room and 6:15 for the other? I just knew we wouldn't be ready to eat at 5:45.

Archived