New Yr's Eve Formal??

LynneL

We're going on the Freedom the end of December & are looking forward to celebrating New Year's Eve on the ship. Since New Year's Eve will not fall on either of the standard formal nights, will there be a third formal night - will most people just get really dressed up even if not called formal night - or - please say no to this....will people just dress as if it is any other night.

We're going on the Freedom the end of December & are looking forward to celebrating New Year's Eve on the ship. Since New Year's Eve will not fall on either of the standard formal nights, will there be a third formal night - will most people just get really dressed up even if not called formal night - or - please say no to this....will people just dress as if it is any other night.

I have been on two New Years cruises. Both were not formal nights. Some people really go all out in top hats crazy glasses, and some far out looking suits up on the lido deck for the party. Don't miss the party its one to remember. Also the free champagne comes out around 11:45. Also they are the only cruises that when you board there is also free champagne. I'm going again this year on the Carnival Freedom for New Years. Its a great way to spend it at sea with the family

I have sailed 4 times over New Years and its just a regular night.A few people try and ham it up but there is alcohol involved.:rolleyes:

Also they are the only cruises that when you board there is also free champagne. I'm going again this year on the Carnival Freedom for New Years. Its a great way to spend it at sea with the family

We experienced free champagne when boarding the Carnival Glory on our Christmas cruise in 2006. (Just to let you know there are some other times they have free drinks ;)).

I have sailed 4 times over New Years and its just a regular night.A few people try and ham it up but there is alcohol involved.:rolleyes:

Oh that's too bad. I don't mind the haming it up & people having fun by being silly - like the top hats with crazy glasses. I was hoping to hear about tuxes/nice suits & fabulous dresses - just don't have a lot of patience for obnoxious drunks. Sounds like I better up my patience level, especially if my kids & their friends join in on it - lol.

Archived