Western Caribbean times please help

We will be sailing on the Mariner of the Seas:) Nov. 30,2008. I'm ready to book excursions but I'm confused about ship time and island times so here goes.

Itinerary

Ocho Rios, Jamaica 9am-5pm is that ship time? Is island time 10am-6pm? or same?

George Town, Grand Cayman 8am-4pm. Is that 9am-5pm?

Cozumel 10am-7pm. I read Cozumel is in central time so is that 9am-6pm?

Please help, I'm planning for 7 people and would be very upset if I make us miss the ship or our excursions. First time on RCCL and 1st time booking own excursions.:confused: :o

Easy you always stay on ships time when you cruise. Check the ships clock before you leave the ship. I believe in the Caribbean the ship stays on the departure port's time, but you always check to be double sure.

Just tell the guide what time your itinerary says the ship will be in---this is their JOB--THEY will know which time to follow. For instance, if the private tour says it starts at 10am, you be there at 10am SHIP'S TIME!!!! That's the ONLY time that you need to worry about! A reputable guide will understand this!

(Not all Captains switch times to correspond to the islands)

When we sailed Mariner last August, departure time stayed on ship's time even when island time was different. That meant that the departure time listed on our private excursions was a hour off of ship's time, so we had to pay attention to local time versus ship time, but we did not have any problems. I would email the tour company just to confirm what time they are expecting you. Also, during some times of the year, I think island time and ship time are the same, so it may not make any difference at all.

Just tell the guide what time your itinerary says the ship will be in---this is their JOB--THEY will know which time to follow. For instance, if the private tour says it starts at 10am, you be there at 10am SHIP'S TIME!!!! That's the ONLY time that you need to worry about! A reputable guide will understand this!

(Not all Captains switch times to correspond to the islands)

I agree with cb at sea, every tour operator knows what time each ship comes into port. Did not have any problems last August on our Mariner cruise.

Archived