Ketchikan Taxi Tours

coffee39

Has anyone used Ketchikan Taxi Tours? What was your experience with them? Do they give a good tour?

Sorry, I can't answer your question, but I'm sure someone will. I just wanted to bring another option to your attention that seems to get good reviews on this board. Classic Tours with Lois Munch. She drives you around in a 55' Chevy and is suppose to be very knowledgeable. She's lived there for quite sometime. We're booked for 7/17.

http://www.classictours.com/

blackopen.gif

lois2.gif

We booked Dyea Dave when we were in Ketchikan recently. We asked him to take us to the Chilkoot trail and pick us up. On the way back he gave a narrative of the town and showed us a few sites before dropping us off for lunch. He will do any kind of tour you are interested in, even heading out to Emerald Lake. He has a large van so he could easily accomodate a group as well. He is very knowledgeable about both local history and the natural history of Alaska as well.

Has anyone used Ketchikan Taxi Tours? What was your experience with them? Do they give a good tour?

I think you might be looking for Ketchikan Taxi Cab Tours. Here is the link:

http://ketchikantaxicabtours.com/

We have toured with Dave and it was excellent. He will personalize the tour to what you and your group really want to see. I highly recommend them!

We booked Dyea Dave when we were in Ketchikan recently. We asked him to take us to the Chilkoot trail and pick us up. On the way back he gave a narrative of the town and showed us a few sites before dropping us off for lunch. He will do any kind of tour you are interested in, even heading out to Emerald Lake. He has a large van so he could easily accomodate a group as well. He is very knowledgeable about both local history and the natural history of Alaska as well.

sharp_cruiser, I think you mean Skagway. We also had a great tour with Dyea Dave in Skagway. We wanted to go to Dyea and see and hear all about the history of the Chilkoot trail and the Klondike Gold Rush, and Dyea Dave was terrific!:)

Just used them in June. Dave was great. He and I had corresponded before we met him in Ketchikan and we had told him that we wanted to see Totem Poles and some of town.

We ended up doing Potlatch Park, Totem Bight Historical Park, went down to an area of the Rainforest, went on the road to the one end of Ketchikan and then on the way back he came back through town and showed us different things. Our tour ended up being almost 3 hours long but everyone was extremely pleased and since it was 6 of us, we were the whole tour. I highly recommend him.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Archived