Anyone been to Richardson Beach Park?

terri910

We have a port day in Hilo....

We enjoy snorkeling...and it looks as though Richardson Beach Park might work for us. Black sand beach, marine life, even lifeguards on the beach. And pretty close proximity to the port. The port also appears pretty close to the airport, so I'm assuming renting a car would be relatively quick and painless!

Has anyone been to those Beach Park? And if so, what are your thoughts?

Is there an entrance fee to the Park? What amenities might be available there?

My Wife & I Have Snorkeled At Richardson Beach Many Enjoyable Times ! There Are Many Types Of Fish That You Will See In This Small Area. I Will Never Forget The Day We Were Surrounded By 6 Large Turtles. Richardson Beach Is One Of The Few Places To Snorkel On The East Side Of The Big Island.

The Facilities : Showers, Restrooms & Picnic Tables.

Hope This Info Is Of Help.

Aloha,

Losthaole:)

We also went to this beach after our tour of the volcano. We didn't have much time, so only the kids got in the water. But there were alot of people there, especially locals - so I think you will enjoy it. I have some pictures in my Island Princess photos. It did NOT rain when we were there, but it started to get a little overcast as the day went on - pictures seem a little dark because of that.

There are alot of pictures in general from the trip, but Richardson photos start here: http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2683175690032405699rNGMtO

Archived