Tampa: Disembarkation Timing Issue?

Frohoss

We are set to sail with Carnival out of Tampa on Nov 30 - Dec 7 (Sunday) We booked our flights on our own. I just received noticed that our return flight home has just been changed. Originally it was scheduled to depart at 1:40pm. Now it has been moved to 12:00pm. Straight up NOON. Carnival is set to arrive back in Tampa at 8:00am.

My question is, for those of you that have experienced the Tampa Port/Tampa Airport, Is this enough time to disembark from the ship and make it to the airport?

How consistent is Carnival with there arrival times and disembarkation times?

I assume Carnival will work with those passenger with early flights? Letting them disembark earlier than planned?

I guess what I'm getting at is...Should I be sweating this noon flight issue?

Thanks in advance for your comments and input.

Well, if you are concerned about a noon flight, I guess we should be in a real tizzy over our 11:30 AM flight. :D I think we will be fine, I think the airport is only about 5 miles away. Guessing here, we will be sailing out of Tampa for the first time in November with a Monday return....and we briefly debated the 10:45AM flight and express luggage carry off. Your noon flight should be fine. :)

We're not even going to use self disembarkation, we'll just get early tags and get off. We don't have to be at the airport until 10 or so. Barring fog, the ships usually arrive even earlier than the published time of 8AM. :)

We're not even going to use self disembarkation, we'll just get early tags and get off. We don't have to be at the airport until 10 or so. Barring fog, the ships usually arrive even earlier than the published time of 8AM. :)

Agree with pbhunt about the fog as that is generally the main issue that could adversly affect a ships arrival time here in Tampa and fog isn't much of and issue here this time of year.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to read these rsponses.

We have a 12:30 pm departure froom TPA after our cruise. "I" thought it would be pleanty of time, but I haven't flown out of TPA in about 8 years. Good to know others agree.

Archived