Pics of the Dawn Aft?

terrymtex01

We are looking into booking a cruise on the Dawn and wanted to see if anyone had any pics of the Aft section of the Dawn.. Specifically we are trying to see how the balconies are configured. We are trying to see if they are similar to the Star or more like the Pearl. Any help?

We are looking into booking a cruise on the Dawn and wanted to see if anyone had any pics of the Aft section of the Dawn.. Specifically we are trying to see how the balconies are configured. We are trying to see if they are similar to the Star or more like the Pearl. Any help?

I don't have pictures (except for the bird that moved onto our balcony) but we cruised an AE on the Dawn and Gem - Aft., end balcony. Both balconies the same.

I can only tell you size-wise...it had 2 chairs and a small table. We requested lounge chairs which did fit w/the small table.

Not sure if this helps;)

I don't have pictures (except for the bird that moved onto our balcony) but we cruised an AE on the Dawn and Gem - Aft., end balcony. Both balconies the same.

I can only tell you size-wise...it had 2 chairs and a small table. We requested lounge chairs which did fit w/the small table.

Not sure if this helps;)

Thanks Cosmo.. it does help.. I am pretty sure that means it is more like the Pearl.. The AE on the Star is kind of a wrap around balcony.

Terry - we had an AD on our 6/8 Dawn cruise - these are phenomenal balconies! We had 2 full sized sunloungers and a small cocktail-type table and had room to spare........the two corner balconies do not wrap but we certainly had no problem with the balcony size. It was completely covered but being AFT we had sun part of every day. I still haven't downloaded my pics yet but if you're interested, I'll send you one, ok?

If you're looking at booking one of the ADs, don't hesitate! I'm already waitlisted for an AD on 4/3/09 Jewel sailing - we were able to snag an AD on 4/5/09 Pearl sailing but will give that up if we get one of the ADs on 4/3 which is a 9 day sailing rather than doing the 7 day:eek: .

Terry (and Doug) -

You can go tour pictures and either look at Bermuda/Bahamas with Justine or Various Ship Details. Both have views of the aft configuration. The yellow shawl is for identification. (Can't locate my DW through the view finder without it).

Terry, you didn't mention category, so here's an aft BA balcony on the Dawn; deck 9. No where near as large/deep as those on deck 10.

100_0156.jpg

Terry, you didn't mention category, so here's an aft BA balcony on the Dawn; deck 9. No where near as large/deep as those on deck 10.

100_0156.jpg

Auntiebarb, do you have any more pictures of the aft BA on the Dawn? We are sailing her next January. We have an aft BA on deck 8 and our son and his wife are on deck 9. We've been looking all over for pictures of the rooms and balconies. Thanks!

Auntiebarb, do you have any more pictures of the aft BA on the Dawn? We are sailing her next January. We have an aft BA on deck 8 and our son and his wife are on deck 9. We've been looking all over for pictures of the rooms and balconies. Thanks!

I'm sorry, but I don't really without showing private pictures! LOL!

The Aft BA cabin itself is no different than the others on port or starboard. They really look just like the website shows. The only difference is the deck flooring on the balcony is teak and they are a tad bit larger on decks 9 & 8; largest on deck 10.

DAWN_BALC_184x133.jpg

I have forgotten how to post pix here. If there is interest, I have a pic of the balconey of 10720 taken several years ago which I can post on my own website.

FYI. You can attach the pix with the attach option below the submit reply button, or link to it and use the insert image button. Hope this helps!

I'm sorry, but I don't really without showing private pictures! LOL!

The Aft BA cabin itself is no different than the others on port or starboard. They really look just like the website shows. The only difference is the deck flooring on the balcony is teak and they are a tad bit larger on decks 9 & 8; largest on deck 10.

DAWN_BALC_184x133.jpg

Thank you!

My family just returned yesterday from the Dawn. We had both 10730 and 10230. Both rooms were the same size as the other balcony rooms but the balcony area is much larger. We just love watching the wake of the ship while underway. We also like the fact that you get much less wind while the ship is moving. We each had two lounge chairs and two tables out on the balconies. With the divider open it make for a very nice open area to hang out on, sunbathe, etc. The fact that the roof of the balcony is cut away allows much more light into the room in comparision to the tradtional balcony rooms. My sister's 2 rooms were mini-suites on the 11th flloor, they were larger rooms with much smaller balconies. I asked my kids if they wanted a bigger room or a bigger balcony, and they both agreed, a bigger balcony!

My husband and I got room service breakfast each morning. We just truly enjoyed the sound of the water and the lovely view from the balcony. Also, we were treated to the smell of baking croissants each morning while on our balcony.

I do have pictures of the aft balconies on the 10th floor, but I havent had time to download them to the computer yet.

Hope this helps! Take care!

Hi Eskie9: DH and I will be sailing on the 7/27/08 Dawn. We booked a balcony cabin on the starboard side. However, I think I may change it to AFT because I always enjoyed the view from the AFT. (We were in an AE Suite on the Dawn last time and loved it). Did you have a refrigerator in your cabin? Did the room service menu include hot as well as cold foods for breakfast? Thanks! Looking forward to seeing pictures from you soon!:)

Captain Choppers,

I love your user name!;) We have two dogs ourselves! They just enjoyed a week at the kennel being spoiled while we were on the Dawn! They got groomed and pampered all week, but they are glad to be home lounging on the couch!

The BA aft rooms 10230 and 10730 each had the usual mini bar fridge. We got them emptied as soon as we arrived. They were fine for holding our water, soda, champagne, snackes, etc. The room service pre-printed menu had cereal, muffins, fruit, juices, etc. We did write in omelets, bagels, etc and these items were all sent up as requested. We enjoy relaxing on the balcony while having breakfast watching the wonderful view! We requested our breakfast each day at 6:30 am and it arrived promptly. Each morning they called as they left the kitchen which allowed us to get up and out of bed before the food arrived. It was wonderful!!!

Hope this helps! Take care!

Kathy

Hi Eskie9:

Thanks so much for answering my questions. We have two golden retrievers, one is nearly 5 years old and the other is just one year old. They stay with their grandma (my mother) while we travel and she spoils them! They love it!:) I am so glad you were able to let us know about the bigger size balcony. So today I called and asked if I could change our cabin to BA10730 and they said no problem. This is our fourth cruise on the Dawn and we have always felt very comfortable in the AFT cabins.

I am also glad that we can order hot food like eggs, etc for breakfast. We can't wait to enjoy our breakfast while watching the beautiful ocean! We look forward to seeing some of your pictures.

Thanks again!

Jayne

Hi

I want to get a room with a balcony, and from reading these boards, there are letters infront of the numbers of the rooms like, af bb ect.

What does that all mean.

Also talk about aft and stern ect. This is all ship talk to me I don't understand.

Any help teaching me the lingo would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jeane

Eskie9,

So the divider between your two balconies was removed? Did you have to request this ahead of time or once you were on the ship. I had reserved 2 adjoining balcony rooms, but after seeing the pics & hearing about these, I switched to these 2 rooms. I was thinking if the divider is removed, it would be like an adjoining

Thanks!

What I would like to know is why on the corner cabins do they have the "wrap around" section blocked off by the dividers. I just don't understand that.

4BellaBlue.. The letters.. ie. BA, AE, AD, etc.. refer to the category of the stateroom. Balcony, Suite, Inside stateroom, etc.

Stern or Aft refers to the back of the ship. Forward is of course the front of the ship. Port is the left side of the ship if you are facing foward and starboard is the right side of the ship, facing forward. So, if you had a cabin that was on the back of the ship on the right corner, you could say that cabin was aft starboard or you could just say it was aft.

I wonder what's in those corner spaces? On Deck's 9 and 10 they are pretty big and would make really nice cabins. My rear picture shows some deck chairs there on Deck 10.

I'll ask our butler in September.

Hi All,

MusicGirl and Eskie9 - I would love to have some more pics of cabins 10230 and 10730 as my family will be in them next April. I am so excited to hear that the partitions open between them? As someone previously asked...did you ahve to request this and were they open the whole cruise?

How did you enjoy the cruise overall? My parents are going with us..in their late 50's and it's their first cruise. My husband and I have been on 2 cruises both with Carnival and loved them.

Thanks for your info and any suggestions would be fantastic...as well as info about the ports we are visiting. Tortola, St. Thomas, Samana and Great Stirrup Cay. All together there are 10 familiy members traveling. 8 adults ranging from 26-58 and 2 children who will almost be 2 at the time.

Thanks again,

KT

Enjoy your aft balcony! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! I just got off the phone iwth my sister who was also on the Dawn with us, we both are sad to be back home. Ah, life, it gets in the way of vacation! I hate when that happens! Take care.

We have 2 miniature American Eskimos who are so delightful! We do miss them while cruising. They are good sailors, though. We take them sailing on our sailboat all the time. They love to lounge on the boat and watch the water go by.

Take care. Kathy

Hi Honeymooners11:

You must request to have the partitions opened between the cabins. It takes just a minute. We no longer ask for adjoining rooms, we just open the balconies. We leave the balcony doors unlocked and you can go back and forth without going in the hallway.

I will try to post a photo of the balconies on 10230 and 10730 when I get the chance.

Take care.

Kathy

Archived