Really dumb question...I am sure

walkman4

:o I know that we are supposed to dress up in the evenings for supper in the dining room. (Mariner of the Seas, RC) but if you go in the dining room for breakfast or lunch- can you wear shorts or casual wear? Sorry if this is a dumb question. First time cruiser.

Know too, that if you eat in the buffet for lunch or breakfast, that altho it's not stated, a cover up is most appreciated. Personally I think, if you want stand in the buffet lines in your bathing suit/trunks it's easy enough to throw a shirt on. Nothing like having a greased, sweaty 250 pound adult leaning over the buffet line. UGH Just my opinion.

Guest carlogesualdo

Okay, so we've established shorts and casual are okay, but no bathing suits for breakfast and lunch in the dining room without a good cover-up. (and let me suggest eating in the dining room for those meals - the food is infinitely better!). You don't have to necessarily "dress up" for dinner. We wore jeans, t-shirts, and tennis shoes to dinner every night. Perhaps we were getting the evil-eye from our fellow diners, but no one said anything to us about our attire, and in fact, there were plenty of others in the dining room dressed similarly. There was one gentleman I saw every night wearing his farmer's overalls. (Someone probably had to talk him into to going on that cruise, but I'll bet he's been on 2 or 3 since.)

That is so funny about the overalls. My dad could fall into that category. We are all excited about dressing up a bit at night, but were hoping that it was pretty casual at breakfast and lunch. We are a family of 16 and want to share the meals together as much as we can. Leaving in 6 days! So excited. Thanks for your help everyone. :D

One note for the men, at breakfast and lunch in the dining room, you do need to wear at least a t-shirt. Some people have reported that their husbands have been denied entrance wearing only a tank top (the females wearing tank tops were fine).

That was no "gentleman." A gentleman would never wear overalls to dinner in the dining room, on a cruise ship or anywhere else.

I beg to differ. My grandfather was a gentleman and he owned nothing but his "farmer's overalls" so if he went out to dinner, that's what he wore.;)

Archived