New and have questions...

JodiBB

Hi everyone!!

This is my first posting here...my husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary on the Jewel for the Aug. 7, 2005 cruise to the Baltics (it's booked and everything!)...I am so excited and have some questions...

Does anyone have recommendations for shore excursions that we [I]cannot[/I] miss?

Has anyone done a bicycle excursion? How strenuous are they?

As far as dining options, I know our 2nd formal dinner we'll definitely partake in, but if we choose to miss the first one, what other dinner options would we have?

Any suggestions as what to [B] definitely [/B] pack?

Thanks in advance! It would be great to meet others here who will also be on that sailing...

[quote name='wolfegizmo']Definitely book Red October for your two days in St. Petersburg. They were wonderful! Check out the Baltics section in the Ports of Call board. There are alot of suggestions there.[/QUOTE]

Yes!! I saw all the suggestions and began to feel overwhelmed, which is why I was wondering what suggestions could be provided...thanks for your suggestion...we'll look into that one!

As far as dining options, I know our 2nd formal dinner we'll definitely partake in, but if we choose to miss the first one, what other dinner options would we have?

You dont have to skip or miss the dinning room because you are not in 'formal' dress for the 1st 'requested' formal evening. Just no 'tank tops' & 'shorts' [b]LOL ![/b]

[quote name='wallie5446']

You dont have to skip or miss the dinning room because you are not in 'formal' dress for the 1st 'requested' formal evening. Just no 'tank tops' & 'shorts' [b]LOL ![/b][/QUOTE]

Thanks for that! LOL Actually, I've heard there are other restaurants on the ship that are open-dining...where you're not restricted to the table you're assigned to...does anyone know about these??

[quote name='JodiBB']Hi everyone!!

This is my first posting here...my husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary on the Jewel for the Aug. 7, 2005 cruise to the Baltics (it's booked and everything!)...I am so excited and have some questions...

Does anyone have recommendations for shore excursions that we [i]cannot[/i] miss?

Has anyone done a bicycle excursion? How strenuous are they?

Any suggestions as what to [b]definitely [/b]pack?

Thanks in advance! It would be great to meet others here who will also be on that sailing...[/QUOTE]
Hi, Jodi --

If you haven't found it yet, you might want to check out our Baltic Ports Message Board in our Ports of Call area located here: [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=192"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=192[/url].

[quote name='Host Miriam']Hi, Jodi --

If you haven't found it yet, you might want to check out our Baltic Ports Message Board in our Ports of Call area located here: [/QUOTE]

Nope...hadn't found it yet! THanks for the heads up!

Archived