Maritime Museum of the Atlantic

DS would like to go to learn more about the Titanic. How far is this museum from the ship? Their address is 1675 Lower Water St.

Thanks in advance!!

The museum is on the waterfront in downtown Halifax. You can easily walk there. I have never walked it but my guess, from knowing where the ships dock, would be about 15 minutes or so. The whole waterfront area in Halifax is best appreciated on foot.

DS would like to go to learn more about the Titanic. How far is this museum from the ship? Their address is 1675 Lower Water St.

Thanks in advance!!

I walk by there almost everday. The previous poster is right, it would take about 15 minutes from the ship. Just follow the waterfront and you will walk past the entrance which is located just past the visator information building.

• 2 weeks later...

We walked there without any problems - it was a beautiful day! AND a beautiful city/waterfront area! We enjoyed the museum tremendously. I wish we could have gone to the gravesites too but upon reflection, that probably would have been too much for my 8 yo son to process. There's always next time, right? :D

It is a nice walk. Took me about 15 minutes from the Maritime Museum to Pier 21 Museum which is next to where the cruise ships dock.

There are loads of things for children at the Maritime Museum and a very well stocked gift shop.

Archived