Question about Hell

fchoppa

I was wondering if there is any place to drop off postcards to get a postal stamp marked Hell with out actually going there. Our port stay is very short, but I thought it would be fun to still mail out a few postcards. Are there mailboxes or anyplace near the dock where we can drop the postcards off?

Thanks in advance

You actually have to go to hell to mail the postcards and get a postmark. IMHO highly over rated. We were on GC for 8 days land vacation and drove to hell just to see what the fuss was all about. At $6 USD a gallon not worth the gas! Oh, and that was in May when gas in the US was still $2+:eek:

• 4 weeks later...

FYI - We mailed post cards from Hell last Tuesday and they did not arrive until today. I would not have spent the time to go there and send the cards if I had known that I would beat them back. It is interesting to see but there were a lot of other things I would have done with that time.

I hope this helps!

FYI - We mailed post cards from Hell last Tuesday and they did not arrive until today. I would not have spent the time to go there and send the cards if I had known that I would beat them back.

Heck, even domestic (US) postcards take forever. It's not the news on it that makes it special ("wish you were here!") but the picture -- and in this case, the postmark.

Just know it's going to take a couple of weeks for it to show up.

Archived