CB Red Hook Car Service Pickup

coombs2

All,

Current engine problems aside, we are set for the July 10th CB out of New York. There are 6 of us going so we arranged for a car service to take us to and from the terminal (we are local in Northern NJ so no airlines needed). We set up an 11AM pickup from Red Hook to go home and have up to 2 hours before that time to call them to adjust the time without incurring fees. Does 11AM sound reasonable (again, assuming no major delays due to an engine problem)?

I forgot to say that the itinerary says we will dock at 715

We sailed on the May 26 sailing on the CB. We had a 10:30 pickup with our car service. We made it down there by 10:15, so I would think 11 should be fine. We did have to request an earlier disembarkation the night before, but they were accomodating and we made our time.

All,

Current engine problems aside, we are set for the July 10th CB out of New York. There are 6 of us going so we arranged for a car service to take us to and from the terminal (we are local in Northern NJ so no airlines needed). We set up an 11AM pickup from Red Hook to go home and have up to 2 hours before that time to call them to adjust the time without incurring fees. Does 11AM sound reasonable (again, assuming no major delays due to an engine problem)?

Which car service do you east coast people recommend for us to take back to JFK. We called Arcibo (sp) and they said that they will not take reservations. That bothered me.

Bob

All,

Arecibo-718-783-6465

Cadman-1-866-308-5466

Neither take reservations, call them 10 minutes before you want to be picked up and they will be there.

Also if you are concerned about them picking up from a specific location then call and ask first.

We have used them several times.

Which car service do you east coast people recommend for us to take back to JFK. We called Arcibo (sp) and they said that they will not take reservations. That bothered me.

Bob

Just call 10 minutes before you need to be picked up and they will arrive. :)

We used Carmel Car Service. I would highly recommend. We used them from the Intercontinental the morning of embarkation and from Red Hook to LaGaurdia on disembarkation day. We made reservations several weeks ahead and they were there early on both ends of our trip.

There were 2 couples next to us at Red Hook who were waiting for their car - don't remember which company, but know it wasn't Carmel - who were mad because it was over 30 minutes late.

Prices were very reasonable as well. I wouldn't recommend taxi - there was a line of close to 100 people with 0 taxis when we rolled out in our car.

Thank you for this thread. We are leaving from Redhook pier on our october 26 cruise. We live in upstate NY so the plan is to take amtrak to Penn station. Will we have any problems getting a car service from the station to the pier? I am not worried about getting from JFK to Penn station on our return, but from what I have read, it is tough getting to the pier. I was happy to see some names of services that have been used. I also like to have everything reserved ahead of time. Also, what type of car will we need for 2 couples and luggage?

Thank you for this thread. We are leaving from Redhook pier on our october 26 cruise. We live in upstate NY so the plan is to take amtrak to Penn station. Will we have any problems getting a car service from the station to the pier? I am not worried about getting from JFK to Penn station on our return, but from what I have read, it is tough getting to the pier. I was happy to see some names of services that have been used. I also like to have everything reserved ahead of time. Also, what type of car will we need for 2 couples and luggage?

Getting to/from the pier was not a problem at all for us with the car service. We have done it 3 times. ;)

We had a 4 door lincoln type with the 4 of us with 4 pieces of luggage.

Some carryons on our lap. :)

All,

11am sounds very reasonable.

Enjoy your cruise.

We used Carmel Car Service. I would highly recommend. We used them from the Intercontinental the morning of embarkation and from Red Hook to LaGaurdia on disembarkation day. We made reservations several weeks ahead and they were there early on both ends of our trip.

There were 2 couples next to us at Red Hook who were waiting for their car - don't remember which company, but know it wasn't Carmel - who were mad because it was over 30 minutes late.

Prices were very reasonable as well. I wouldn't recommend taxi - there was a line of close to 100 people with 0 taxis when we rolled out in our car.

We are coming in from Mtl to LGA for the July 10th cruise. Would you mind telling us how much it cost you from/to LGA/Pier? Should we take a taxi or just go with a car service? We are not in a hurry, we get in at 8:15am the morning of the cruise and are leaving at 3:30pm the day we come back from the cruise. What do you suggest?

thank you

We are coming in from Mtl to LGA for the July 10th cruise. Would you mind telling us how much it cost you from/to LGA/Pier? Should we take a taxi or just go with a car service? We are not in a hurry, we get in at 8:15am the morning of the cruise and are leaving at 3:30pm the day we come back from the cruise. What do you suggest?

thank you

Our trip from LGA to the pier was approx $50 plus tip.

The chance you take with a taxi is the fare is running. :)

thank you

The total from Red Hook to LGA was $45 plus tip. We got stuck in traffic a couple of times due to road construction so we were very glad we weren't in a taxi. Our rate was set so we didn't have to worry.

Archived