Cape Liberty - disembarking situation been remedied?

Lisas mom

Several years ago, my husband and I had a horrible experience on disembarking in Cape Liberty. We had parked our car there, and when we got off the ship, he went to get the car, but could not park it in front of the terminal where I was with all the luggage. There were only a limited number of parking spaces, and it seemed that the people from the next cruise were already parking in them to unload. The police made him go around again, and it took over one hour, since there was a hugh traffic jam of people trying to get on the ship. Has this situation been remedied, or is it still the same problem. Thanks for your h:o elp.

We arrived at 11 am and were able to park close to the terminal. When we disembarked, we tipped the porter and the wheelchair attendant to take us directly to the car. We did not have to circle around and get involved with the folks trying to embark and we were out of there immediately. This was critical for us because there was no way I was going to leave my mother outside in the winter, go and get the car, and circle back through the mess. It was worth every penny.

Even if you are not parked close to the end of the tent area, you can bring your car to that end of the parking area and get your luggage to the car, even if you make several trips. I would never leave the parking and circle around again.

The parking area is very close to the tent now. We just wheeled our luggage right to the car. Several people used porters who had carts to take there luggage and several more just grabbed carts and used them(they did try to discourage this). I did see some people take there luggage to the end of the parking area, right next to the tent, and then pull the car up there, as the last poster mentioned. I did not see anyone drive around to get there luggage although that is possible, just not practical if you get off after 11am like I did.

• 1 month later...

They are still having problems. We came on a bus from DC (with several stops). They could only unload two buses at a time. We had been on the bus for 6 1/2 hours (no stops for drinks, etc. lost driver). Then they kept us on the bus for close to 1/2 hour (in June with no air conditioning on because the driver shut off the bus and locked the door) while one person unloaded our luggage to a cart which was then taken into the terminal. About 5 cars at a time could unload so cars were backed up. The most disorganized port I have been to.

Archived