Train from Seattle to Vancouver question

My DH and I are planning our travel from Seattle to Vancouver prior to our honeymoon cruise.

We are weighing our options, and as we are unfamiliar with the area we have a question:

Do you think it is a safe bet to schedule our train from Seattle to Vancouver on the morning of our cruise departure? According to the Amtrak schedule, the train should arrive at 11:40am. Embarkation begins at 12pm.

Is this reasonable? Or should we arrive to Vancouver the day before?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!

:)

If you trust in the reliability of Amtrak then do it (I know of no issues), however I just hate to leave things like this to chance and I would arrive the day before. That said lots of people do come on Amtrak on the day of their cruise. To get from the Pacific Central Station to either of the curise terminals will take about 15 mins by taxi or about 30 mins if you use Skytrain which is just across the street from PCS. By the way, Skytrain will get you within about 100 paces of Canada Place but if you are leaving from Ballantyne you have no option other than taxi. Your cab fare will be about $15 the Skytrain will cost $2.50 (CDN) pp. You get on the Skytrain at the Main St. station and go westbound to the Waterfront Station which is the end of the line.

My husband and I have thought about it, and don't really want to start our first cruise experience waving to the ship from the dock!

:)

So we are going to get into Vancouver the day before. Thank you for your thoughts- we definitely don't know the train reliability in that area and don't want to risk it!

Thanks again-

Archived