Questions about Jade AC cabins

Ronin23

We have booked to sail on the Jade in October in a AD suite. For not much more we have the option of upgrading to an AC of which there are a few of these left.

I have read various views on the topic but is the wind really that much of an issue on a port intensive cruise?

While I like the idea of seeing from the aft of the ship, the AC cabins and balconies are bigger and you have that view on offer also.

Should we stick with the AD or go to the AC for $100pp more??

I can't speak to the relative merits of AD vs. AC. That said I can tell you that even on a port intensive cruise, I'm fairly confident that the AC balcony would be unpleasant while the ship is sailing unless you like being in a constant 25-30mph wind.

With respect to views, I think you might also find the aft preferable, because you get the better sail away views. Obviously, you see the same things sailing into port... but arrival in port can be early and you might not want to get up to enjoy it (especially if you're making ready for a day in port). On the way out, you're already wide awake and it's nice to relax by watching the port disappear into the horizon while sipping a drink on your aft balcony.

Perhaps, it depends on when/how you intend to use the balcony? We had many a room service breakfast and/or evening drink and chat out on it. I also spent a good deal of time writing on the laptop out there. I can't personally imagine doing that while underway on a forward facing balcony. However, it was very enjoyable on the stern.

Just my thoughts... hope they help.

Archived