my dress is a MESS~ they told me to duct tape!

4ad8b240-f14d-4b65-8791-7be65249a62a.enlargedBackDetail.jpghere is my dress... see how it is so low in the back? when I bought it, i was told that it would fit like a glove... well, if the seam stress tells me one more time to put ducttape on my tits on my wedding day in my 600 dollar dress, I am going to freak! I have 3 days before we leave. I am on my 4th, yes 4, fitting. spent 4 hours driving all over today to find a bra that will fit, The problem is that when i bought it i specifically asked if it wouls sit flat acrossed the bust, and the response was that it would fit like a gole... her ei show you the back because as you can see it is very low, when fitting the back to fit my waist, the top part of the dress still sits straight up!!! She actually acted like it was okay! You could see my nipples from the side because it sat so far from my chest!!! I am so upset and worried my dress wont be perfect! I bought two corset, low back bras tonight for my 4th fitting tomorrow... hope it is the last! :mad:

Oh no! What a nightmare. I'm sorry.

Have you tried chicken cutlets? They are these silicone cups that have a self adhesive that you put on your boobs and they hook in the center like a bra. It doesn't go in the back at all, and since the cups have an adhesive they do give support to the girls. You can get them at Victoria Secret or any specialty lingerie store. Maybe try that as a last resort. Good luck.

Don't panic! First fill out the top with a nubra or some other type of clear/flesh-colored pads (silicone or foam). Then use double-sided tape to fix any gaps. The ones I have a called Fashion Forms Dress and Lingerie Tapes. If you can't get them locally, google for an on-line seller and have them express-shipped (you could use regular double-sided tape, but these are pre-cut in both curved and straight shapes).

I think that your style of gown is just hard to fit -- I bought an evening gown in a similar style, had the sides taken in, and it still didn't fit up front. The pads and tape fixed everything.

I think OP means that the dress actually sits AWAY from her chest.

Consider a side view of OP...the dress is "lifted" away from her chest an inch or two. there is an air gap between the dress and her boobies...That is why seamstress is saying "use duct tape" or double sided tape, to hold the dress down, against her chest, so there wont be a gap.

I do sympathize with you OP. Have you tried duct taping your boobs from side to side so that you get more of a lift in order to fill out your dress?

really tho, if all else fails, you have no choice but to use double sided tape

Look at it this way - there is all sorts of stuff that we chicas go thru in order to look extra good on those extra special days. It sucks that they told you one thing about the dress, but you gotta do what you gotta do....

ahh...I understand what she means now! As a matter of fact, I was watching Platnium Weddings on tv a couple of days ago, and the bride had the same problem..although it was never mentioned...but, you could see down . Ive seen other dresses (prom, evening) that did this too, and the only thing I can think of is what has been mentioned already. Give yourself the best uplift you can, and then with taking the dress in as much as you can, put in a really really pretty bride hanky!! :) Also, AFTER the ceremony part, so that your not so selfconcious about it, you might want to consider some type of wrap or stole that would hide the top while you visted among your guest. Ive seen several on wedding sites... Good luck and let us know how you did! Dot

I failed to ask, does this seamstress work for the bridal saloon that you bought the dress from? If so, its their job to make sure it fits you or let you have another dress. TELL them , "this is unacceptable" !! YOU SAID it would fit like a glove. I guess we should know by now, there are different fits of gloves...maybe she could find some matching lace or something and then make a little lace covering of sorts that looks like its part of the dress. It wouldnt have to come up over your chest, but just act as a top of sorts. I know my mom was a professional seamstress, and she could come up with something that would work, so maybe this lady is equally as good! Dot

Archived