Camp Carnival - anything I should know?

kiraryker

This will be our first cruise with kids - my youngest will be 9 at cruise time and then I will have a 15yo boy also and a 19 yo daughter -

Will camp carnival be good for our 9 yo and do you know what the Triumph has available for the other 2?

Thanks for any info - oh and is there a charge for camp carnival?

Can't tell you about the Triumph but we were on the Ecstasy this year with our 8 and 10 year olds. Camp Carnival during the day was free but there is a charge for late night stuff for the kids. Your 9 yo should like it. It's a bit like day camp. Our kids quickly made friends and were eating supper with Camp Carnival friends and staff by the third day. There is an information meeting with families on the first evening to sign up and give you all info needed.

My kids just LOVE Camp Carnival. They are 7 and 9. So, I'm sure your 9 year old will not have a problem. I've heard they have a teen program for your 15 year old. I think it's called Club Oxygen. As for your 19 year old there are no programs for her, but my first Carnival cruise was when I was 19. I had an awesome time!

The 15-17 group has Club O2. My son (17) has had a good time with the kids he's met in Club O2; they're free to do as many or as few activities as they want with the Club (they have scheduled activities like movie night, Amazing Race, ping pong/basketball tournaments, etc.), and the club area gives them a place to hang out, listen to music, play games, etc.

Hey thanks everyone!!! As you all probably know there is nothing worse than hearing "I'M BORED" on a vacation so I'm hoping everyone will have a great time. Luckily our oldest the 19yo can pretty much have a great time anywhere so I'm glad the other 2 will have camps/activities for them.

Hey thanks everyone!!! As you all probably know there is nothing worse than hearing "I'M BORED" on a vacation so I'm hoping everyone will have a great time. Luckily our oldest the 19yo can pretty much have a great time anywhere so I'm glad the other 2 will have camps/activities for them.

There is no charge for Camp Carnival up to 10PM ...however, you need to be aware that kids can charge $5 a day in Arcade tokens from a machine in the Arcade ... if they know their birth date and have their Sail and Sign card with them...so if you don't want them doing this...you need to have "the talk"!!

Also, Embarkation night is a family orientation and get together.

Official Camp Carnival starts at 9AM the next morning!

have a great cruise

There is no charge for Camp Carnival up to 10PM ...however, you need to be aware that kids can charge $5 a day in Arcade tokens from a machine in the Arcade ... if they know their birth date and have their Sail and Sign card with them...so if you don't want them doing this...you need to have "the talk"!!

Also, Embarkation night is a family orientation and get together.

Official Camp Carnival starts at 9AM the next morning!

have a great cruise

Good to know!!! I can see my 15yo son doing just that!!!! We will have to "have the talk" for sure.

Thanks

The 9 yr old will be in the 9-11 age group and will be able to sign him/herself out if you allow it.

The hours are usually from 9-11am, 2-5pm and 7-10pm. They take that age group to the shows too, which my kids love seeing the shows with thier new friends, instead of sitting with us.

They also do scavenger hunts, contests, etc.

One or two nights, there is a late night party from 10pm - 3am that costs about $25.00. My boys LOVED this. They got to play in the arcade for FREE, had "Capture the Flag" in the showroom, ate tons of Pizza, etc.

Hope they have FUN!

Catrin

Archived