dining room

Green Lizard

We are traveling on RC Freedom of the Seas in a few weeks. I was wondering how strict the dress codes were in the dining room. We have kids that are 12,8,and4 and I was wondering if they need to wear khaki pants or if they could wear shorts(some with pockets like Aeropostal)? Also, do woman have to wear dresses or longer pants? What about nicer capri pants? Can we bring small steamers in our room? Any suggestions -Thanks for the help:)

Most nights, my 6YO son wears polo shirts and khaki pants to dinner. I think the older the boy, the more noticeable they are when it comes to the dress code. I think nice shorts (the ones you described) are OK for lunch in the dining room, but more inappropriate for dinner in the dining room. But seriously, if you are sitting together in a table for 5 or 6 people with your own family, without other strangers, I can't imagine anyone would kick you out of the dining room, no matter what the kids wore. For formal nights, my son wore a suit jacket (from Target) that was on sale after Easter and matching pants. I got a shirt/tie set from Sears for less than $15. The whole ensemble cost less than $30. But if you don't want your boys to wear a jacket, I think the shirt/tie set with khaki/dark pants would be good enough. I was on a cruise once that was populated with families with large number of children (5-8 kids). All the boys wore nice buttoned-down shirts and khaki pants and girls wore simple dresses. Nothing fancy, but clean and neat.

As for women, if you are sitting and eating with family, you can wear pant suit or nice capri pants and a simple tee (no flip flops though) for dinner in the dining room. A nice pair of sandals can dress up a simple outfit. I would wear a nicer dress to dinner for formal nights.

Archived