Any chance airfare will fall again?

hatchetjack5

About a month ago our tickets were around $300, now they are back up to $410ish. There are 7 of us flying and I will be paying for all of them.

We are flying from (hopefully) Lexington KY to Miama FL. Its a bit cheaper out of Louisville to Fort Lauderdale, but I really don't want to pay for the extra hotel room because our Fort Lauderdale flight back to Louisville leaves out too early, so we would have to stay an extra day which means another day in a hotel and food. Then if we fly straight into Miami I don't need to worry about transportation from Fort Lauderdale for 7 people. Plus if we fly out of Lexington, I can have someone drop us off at the airport verses leaving our truck there and paying $100.

Anyway, now that I have rambled on, has anyone heard if airfare is going to drop again. I have the money now, I just didn't have it then.

Thanks

Not sure if this will be of help - but we just found $260 round trip airfare from Delta - hadn't thought of them and my mother just pulled them up last night and booked for 8 of us - we were in the same boat just finding $500-600 airfare.

We fly out of Mpls to Miami, FL - maybe Delta would have good fares for you also if they are in your terminal.

Airfare is not going down... it is a comfort level thing for most. You have to jump on what works for you and never look back... I paid 305.00 in Jan for air from MHT (Manchester NH) to Tampa for a November cruise yesterday it was up to 435.00 for the same flight... so I was lucky. I just paid 343.00 for a fare from BOS to MIA in APril 09 non stop I looked the other day and it was up 15.00 so its not headed south anytime soon.

I don't see the prices coming down for a long time....the price of fuel..the grounding of planes, laying off of employees....etc.

I agree, if you see a price you are comfortable with, buy them then.....chances are the planes will be sold out if you wait....

I keep checking every day. I was looking for Albany to FLL for late august. On Monday they were $250 a person. On Tuesday I got them for $187 a person on US Air. Ive had the same luck lately with Delta too. Just keep looking.

Archived