Celebrity newbie!

fllchick

I'm so excited, i just booked my first celebrity cruise (not until 10/09 though!) on the century.

I"ve sailed many times, on RCI, NCL and Princess.

I'm wondering what are some of the biggest differences I'll notice from the other lines?

thanks!

I'm so excited, i just booked my first celebrity cruise (not until 10/09 though!) on the century.

I"ve sailed many times, on RCI, NCL and Princess.

I'm wondering what are some of the biggest differences I'll notice from the other lines?

thanks!

Congrats on your first Celebrity cruise. I'm sailing out on the Century in 2 weeks.

I have not been on any of your cruiselines (RCI, NCL, Princess) but I can say that Celebrity is definitely a step up from a lot of the cruiselines. It is more formal and elegent. The service on board will be outstanding and the food will be awesome.

It will be the little things that will make the difference. For example, Celebrity provides free champagne once you board the ship, nice cool washcloths as you board the ship from your daily excursions. The extra special attention that goes to making you feel nice and pampered.

It is a wonderful cruise line and of course I plan to continue to sail with Celebrity as much as I can.

One of the biggest differences or so I've been told is the no announcement policy on Celebrity. There is one announcement around noon from the Captain giving location, temp, water temp, speed, port arrival time and the Cruise director giving highlights for the day. Celebrity treats you as adults - you get the daily with the day's program (a separate sheet that you can carry with you) and you can figure out where and when you want to be somewhere - no announcements regarding the bingo game or art auction starting in so many minutes.

Congrats on your first Celebrity cruise. I'm sailing out on the Century in 2 weeks.

I have not been on any of your cruiselines (RCI, NCL, Princess) but I can say that Celebrity is definitely a step up from a lot of the cruiselines. It is more formal and elegent. The service on board will be outstanding and the food will be awesome.

It will be the little things that will make the difference. For example, Celebrity provides free champagne once you board the ship, nice cool washcloths as you board the ship from your daily excursions. The extra special attention that goes to making you feel nice and pampered.

It is a wonderful cruise line and of course I plan to continue to sail with Celebrity as much as I can.

I heartily agree with the above post. We have cruised twice on the Century and last year whilst on the Arctic Circle/North Cape cruise, on returning to the ship after an excursion the staff had set up a stall dishing out cups of hot chocolate. Although this was just a little thing , it does make such a difference. You'll love the Century.

We've also booked our first Celebrity cruise for October 2009. The little touches you describe above sound wonderful. We have made a decision to try difrferent cruise lines and compare them to see which we like most, but it looks like we could change our mind and stay with X. We are considering cruising Australia/New Zealand in March 2010, should we stick with X?

Archived