aft above Club Fusion-Emerald Princess

herling

I don't know that you will need them because of this location, but I always pack them. They take up less than 1 cubic inch of space, and can be a lifesaver. You never know when you might have noisy neighbors or anything else noisy around you.

Have a good trip!

Hello Herling, We were in cabin E731 on the Emerald in February. That's the last starboard side cabin, also over Club Fusion. I heard a little music on one of the first afternoons, but then never heard a thing from there the rest of the cruise.

But do take the ear plugs, if someone is noisy in the next door cabin or hall, you might want them. Now our neighbors were quiet, but we did have occsion to find out how sound proof, or lack there of the cabin is.

Very early one morning hubby and I (who really like to sleep late) were awakened by Samatha Brown and her film crew, in the hall outside our cabin, They were using that area, while filming a commercial on the ship.

The scene there were working on right then was supposedly showing Samatha, as she entered the aft facing Suite E733 from the hall. I woke hearing her voice saying, "and in this cabin we find....." . I couldn't make out the rest as she entered the cabin. But then they did a retake. So I heard "and in this cabin we find.....", then another re-take. And another, and another.....

I thought, with a little aggravation " why on earth does that woman keep repeating herself !" So I climbed out of bed, opened the cabin door and took a step out (wearing only a robe) and found myself standing in the middle of a film crew. Yikes ! Needless to say, I jumped back into my own cabin real quick.

When we knew what was going on, we really weren't annoyed, since it was going to be a short lived disruption. But since we were awake we got up and went to breakfast. When we got back to the cabin, they were still at it. They even started the retakes of the "and in this cabin we find....." scene again. I guess her job isn't so glamorous after all.

Oh well, all that shows, that if there is noise in the hall you will hear it, and likely if the neighbors on the other side had been noisy, we would likely have heard that, but since E733 was across the hall any sound that's a bit separated from you, will probably not be a bother, since Samatha's voice would die out every time she stepped through that door.

And like I said, unless they really crank up the volume in Fusion, that doesn't seem to carry up that far either.

Archived