wilderness bear adventure

duffyrn

my son and i have just booked the wilderness bear adventure thru princess. the slots were going quickly. many other tours already waitlisted.

we will be on the 1100-1400 trip. hopefully this gives us time to do other stuff while in port with the other 4 members of our party

has anyone been on this tour and what do you have to say about it? looking forward to hearing from everyone. we will be there aug 7 on saphirre princess from 1000-1800. i think originally it was to be 0830-1745. we would like to get in totem traditions or saxman village too.

also, how does this trip compare to the 2 others offered by princess? they have another one by floatplane also and on by boat.

thanks, beh

We'll be on the Diamond Princess at the end of August. I considered that same tour but decided to book independently with Island Wings instead. If you read this board, you'll see LOTS of good things about Michelle (pilot) and Island Wings. We are doing a combo tour to see bears at Traitors Cove and to do the float plane to see Misty Fjords. I had considered the princess tour but you get more time with the bears by going independently. At this late date, Island Wings may already be booked though.

We'll be on the Diamond Princess at the end of August. I considered that same tour but decided to book independently with Island Wings instead. If you read this board, you'll see LOTS of good things about Michelle (pilot) and Island Wings. We are doing a combo tour to see bears at Traitors Cove and to do the float plane to see Misty Fjords. I had considered the princess tour but you get more time with the bears by going independently. At this late date, Island Wings may already be booked though.

The one thing good about booking with Princess is you don't have to pay till you get there. I would love to do this tour with Michelle but after paying for all my other excursions and some of my hotel rooms (Priceline)for the land tour part, cruise tickets and airfare I am tapped out. :eek: I am already booked on the Princess Tour I believe is called Alaska Bear Adventure. I called the actual company that takes you there (Taquan) and they said you would go to Traitors Cove or Polk Inlet. I am really hoping for Traitors Cove. Does anyone know what types of scenery you will see from the Float Plane on the way there and back? Do you actually pass over part of Misty Fjords or is that in a different area?

Does anyone know what types of scenery you will see from the Float Plane on the way there and back? Do you actually pass over part of Misty Fjords or is that in a different area?

traitors cove is due north of ktn on revillagigedo island on the west side while misty fiords (yes, the national monument is spelled that way) is on the east side of the island. i would assume that a traitor's cove only trip is going to go there directly. you will alaska's coast, some development, some non-development.

if i was given the chance to choose a bear viewing trip out of ktn, my ranking would be:

-anan creek

-fish creek (hyder)

-traitor's cove (margeret creek)

but that's just the way i am. you'll see bears where they are, not always where you want them to be................

on august 7th, my son and i are booked on princess' wilderness bear watch that i believe goes to neet's creek. we may well have the opportunity to go with michelle with island wings to traitor's cove. i assume the trip with michelle would be the better of the 2. any thoughts or done either?

thanks, beth

I would request an immediate refund if Taquan is taking you to Polk Inlet. Your chance of seeing a bear or any bear is less than 20%. If they guarantee taking you to Traitors Cove than you'll probably have good luck.

I would request an immediate refund if Taquan is taking you to Polk Inlet. Your chance of seeing a bear or any bear is less than 20%. If they guarantee taking you to Traitors Cove than you'll probably have good luck.

Just spoke to Taquan and they told me that it would be Polk Inlet. I told them I was going on August 25. 2008 with the cruise ship tour and they looked it up and told me that is where we are going. Seriously thinking of changing to Michelle even though it is probably to late. Has anyone else been to Polk Inlet and what did you think?

I would call or email Island Wings to check for availability. She still had openings last week for our mid August date for both the Misty Fjords and Traitors Cove tours, so it can't hurt to check.

Archived