Vancourver Qs

We've got about half a day in Vancouver before we cruise. We're staying the night before at the Pan Pacific. Any suggestions on what to do with our half day before we embark?

I hate to sound dull, but any suggestions on where near the terminal we can buy a case of bottled water or soda to bring on? In the US I'd just google 7-11 or whatever, but don't know what store brands they have up there! We'll be on foot roaming, bags at the Pan pacific till we embark. Any Canada only sodas anyone would recommend?

There are a number of places where you will be able to buy cases of bottled water all within a few blocks of the Pan Pacific - for the best prices you want either London Drugs or Shopper's drug Mart - there also are a couple of 7-11's in the downtown core but there prices are much higher. Most of the popular American brands are available buy there are many good local brands as well.

London Drugs is similar to Walgrens and is a Greater Vancouver institution. For locations do a google search and you will find them.

Enjoy your visit

Cheers

Dennis

We've got about half a day in Vancouver before we cruise. We're staying the night before at the Pan Pacific. Any suggestions on what to do with our half day before we embark?

I hate to sound dull, but any suggestions on where near the terminal we can buy a case of bottled water or soda to bring on? In the US I'd just google 7-11 or whatever, but don't know what store brands they have up there! We'll be on foot roaming, bags at the Pan pacific till we embark. Any Canada only sodas anyone would recommend?

Here is a link to a tour company who have taylored their tours for that half day pre-cruise. There are also some HoHo tours as well but there is the risk of getting stuck some where in the event the buses that come along are full.

Water and soda can be had at a 7-11 at Dunsmuir and Seymour about 5 blocks from Canada Place or at London Drugs at Georgia & Granville again about 5 blocks from your hotel. There is a Shoppers Drug Mart at Dunsmuir & Howe but they tend to be a bit expensive. There is also a downtown Costco in the 700 Beatty about 8 blocks from the hotel. But you will probably get your best price at London Drugs. We have pretty much the same Coke and Pepsi products you have and to find a Canadian soda you would need to find a specialty food store like Urban Fare on Bute St. about 4 blocks from the PP but I am not sure what specialty sodas they sell, if any.

www.vancouvertours.com/

http://www.urbanfare.com/about/locations.html

Good tips. Funny to hear the 7-11 is up there too! I'll check out the tours they look good.

I'l probably carry a case or 2 of soda on board; I hear you can do this pretty easily. Maybe some wine too -- there's a few stores close for that. Looking forward to a glass of sine on my balcony cruising out!

Archived