Carnival Spledor with a 3yr old and 6yr old

mommy2allyandaveri

We sailed on Carnival when our DS was about 6. He loved Camp Carnival.:D Up until about 6 mos. ago, he still had his plastic name tag attached to his bedroom door. He just turned 13 so "bye-bye" name tag!" :D

We just went on the Carnival Pride with our 4yo son who really enjoyed the Camp Carnival. We picked the activities that we knew he would enjoy like the arts and crafts and the video games. He just kept on asking to go more and more and enjoyed his free time there. As for food, both of our 1 yo and 4 yo enjoyed the food. They have a children's menu available in the dining room which is where we preferred to eat. We did the buffet for breakfast. On the children's menu, they have the usual food chicken nuggets, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, etc. We actually preferred to order the kids a dish off the adult menu to share. The kids are big chicken and steak eaters so there was always a dish for them on the adult menu. Fruit was also a big hit for all meals.

What is the itinerary? If you are looking at the Baltics, we were booked for that with a 5 and 9 year old. We had to cancel because DH is involved with a project that won't allow him to take that much time this summer :(, but I did a TON of research and could make some potentially child friendly suggestions.

Also, in general, my kids have always had a grand time on a Carnival cruise. The Camp is awesome!

As for food, there is a children's menu, and also, the kids can try anything they think they might like from the regular menu. My children have always really enjoyed the food.

We are planning to do the Mexican Riviera. We live in No CA and don't really want to add a flight to our expenses so we thought this would be a good starting point.

Any other thoughts or suggestions? I know we are getting a room with a balcony for sure!

We are doing the Mexican Riviera on the Splendor also. We just got off the Miracle in June and my son absolutely loved the kids' program. He even participated in the talent show they had playing a recorder we got in Tortola. :eek: :rolleyes: :) Even though, I have not been on the Splendor yet, I am sure their program is going to be similar as the Miracle.

I would definitely second the balcony room. It just makes it seem bigger. For once, my son slept late just about every morning (of course I didn't) but it gave me a chance to have coffee and read a book out on the balcony while he was sleeping. My son is 7 and he had a hard time opening and closing the door which was good and there even was not a way for him to try and climb up. (I am thinking Splendor will be similar)

Archived