Vancouver Airport Fairmont - Best way downtown??

Four of us will be staying at the Airport Fairmont on Saturday evening prior to the Sunday sailing of our cruise on the Volendam. We will be arriving at the airport at 10:30 a.m. What would be the best option for us to get downtown for a little bit of sight-seeing and possibly dinner? I am thinking we would like to see Stanley Park or possibly Grenville Island.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have read that taxi's may be hard to find, and not sure if the buses run on Saturdays and how late. I tried to read the transit schedule, but can't seem to make sense of it since I don't know addresses to plug in.

Might mention that on Sunday we will be taking transportation provided by HAL to the terminal, and this includes a 3 hour bus tour of the area. Thanks in advance for your help. We will be there on July 12.

It will be fairly easy for you to get downtown from the airport - Vickie B can give you the exact details as she is a bus driver - but you take the bus from the Airport to Airport Station where you pick up the #98 fast bus which is a limited stop express service that runs every 5 or 6 minutes and well into the night.

If yo want to get to Stanley Park - have the driver let you off at Pender street and pick up the #19 which will take you into the park - once in the park you can walk around or hop onto the free Stanley Park shuttle bus and enjoy the park - all this will cost you is $2.50 per person as it is a weekend.

Cheers

Dennis

You can also buy an all day bus pass )unlimited bus/transit riding which includes the seabus & skytrain) for $9.

However as you have all day in Vancouver I would suggest you change hotels try going to the Fairmont Waterfront it is accross the street from the cruise ship terminal and right downtown where all the sights & restaurants are. You are going to be wasting al lot of time transporting back & forth to the airport location....very inconvient except for those with early morning flights to catch.. Travel time to and from your hotel to downtown will be at least 30 minutes (more on the buses that is by car) each way and or a $35. cab ride approx.

You may want to consider staying downtown instead of the airport. That way, you won't spend a lot of time traveling to and from the airport. You could stay at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel which is right across the street from the cruise terminal. From there, you could do any amount of sightseeing.

Otherwise, try Pacific Coach Lines for transportation downtown.

P.S. I just stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel the other night. It's a beautiful place and in a perfect location, particularly for cruisers.

Archived