One step closer to Panama!

I submitted my passport application today (yesterday--July 3). We're not leaving until March 2, so I should be good ;) I was so encouraged by the posts yesterday talking about 1-2 weeks turnaround time, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up that I'll get mine back that quickly, so I'm targeting the end of July for expecting it in the mail.

Sort of on the same subject, will I need to have any vaccinations? New ones? Old ones verified for efficacy? I need to make an appointment with my doctor anyway, might as well take care of that, too.

thanks in advance!

No special vaccinations were required when we went less than 2 years ago. Would be a good idea to make sure you have all the standard stuff up to date, though.

You'll have a great time.....it's definitely the cruise of a lifetime.

Check the pics in my address of a preview of things to come. :)

Joe

We went to the PC last November. There was a raging debate on these boards as to the necessity for vaccinations. The bottom line is that vaccinations are not required. If you were to go trekking through jungle areas you should get them but if you are going to do the traditional excursions around the port areas you do not need them. A good mosquito repellant should be used. Some doctor's reccommend them to play it safe however.

Archived