Luggage Express

kmcpic

I highly recommend using the Luggage Express with Carnival. So easy and not having to wait in line at the airport is worth more than the cost of the service. One thing you should know though - you have to have a copy of your intinerary when you turn in the form to the purser's desk. They check it against what you filled out on the form. I, of course, didn't have one with me because I had an e-ticket so I had to go to the internet lounge and print one out.

We did Luggage Express on our last cruise and we just had to fill out some forms that required e-ticket/confirmation code info, airline, time of departure, etc. We then handed it all in at the Purser's desk, and our luggage tags arrived later in our stateroom from our cabin steward.

We did Luggage Express on our last cruise and we just had to fill out some forms that required e-ticket/confirmation code info, airline, time of departure, etc. We then handed it all in at the Purser's desk, and our luggage tags arrived later in our stateroom from our cabin steward.

I was just on the spirit doing alaska and participated in the luggage express as well. I agree with you as all we did was fill out the form with confimation info etc and our lugggage tags arrived in our room the night we were suppose to leave. There were ten of us and all of our luggages arrived at our destination. It ws so nice not to walk around the terminal searching for your luggage.

Carnival told us that our flights had to be after 1:00, however please take into consideration that we were coming from Vancouver Canada to three different areas including san diego, oakland, and kansas city. Since we were in alaska and had layers of clothing in addition to souveniors, our luggage was well over fifty pounds and we did not have to pay any extra. We were expecting the airline to tell us we owed them money, yet it didn't happen. I would highly recommend this program. I also encourage you to do your homework to make sure that your airline participates with this program. It is my understanding that delta, frontier, and continental does not participate. It is also my understanding that you need to turn your information in right away as it is first come first serve and sometimes they don't honor everyone. Fortunately, everyone in my group (ten) was leaving the port happy :) I hope this information helps you.

I filled out the Luggage Express form that was provided by Carnival but when I went to turn it in to the Purser's desk she wanted to she a print out of our intinerary to confirm the info that I had provided. Maybe it was just the Purser I saw and not all of them check it out. I would have a print out of your intinerary just to be safe.

We just used it on the Glory and thought it was great. It was well worth $15 per person to walk off the boat in one of the first groups with just a carry on. And we bpooked our flight before the new baggage restrictions so it did not help us, but it appeared that you could check two bags with no fee for the 2nd bag so it probably even saved some people money.

All we had to do was fill out the form and show the pursers desk a copy of our eTicket and a photo id.

I suspect the flight requirements vary with port. For Port Canaveral, flights on Continental, American Delta, Jet Blue and Air Tran leaving between noon and midnight were eligible.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if this is offered on the Miracle out of Fort Lauderdale? We're flying AA. Would love to be able to do this, as our flight doesn't leave until that afternoon, and we're wondering what to do with our luggage between debarkation and going to the airport.

This is how Luggage Express worked on our Destiny (July 13) cruise from San Juan:

Luggage Express / Debarkation Day: This is very detailed but should be really helpful for those wishing to use the program.

Participating Airlines: American, Jet Blue, Continental, Delta, Northwest, US Air and United

Cost: $15 per person (We sent 2 bags each - still $15)

Sign-up: Eligible passengers receive a sign-up form in their cabins in the middle of the week. Each passenger fills out his/her own form and returns it to the Information Desk by 3:00 on Friday. You will need to have a hard copy of your flight information for the Purser to check. We took our flight confirmation sheet that we printed off the computer when we first made our flight arrangements. (They seem to need this to prove you have a flight and that the flight falls within their guidelines.)

Eligible Flight Times: I have misplaced my sheet with those times. The earliest flights were sometime after 12:00 as I remember. The last flight was definitely 11:59 that night. Our flight was with US Air at 2:30.

Boarding Passes/Luggage Tags: These were received on Saturday afternoon along with a special instruction sheet for debarkation. We attached the white luggage tags onto our handles and had to have our luggage in the hall by midnight that night. You were given group letters (AAAA, BBBB, Tours, CCCC, DDDD, and EEEE) which seemed to reflect the time of your flight. It was great to have our boarding passes in hand!

Debarkation Day: Luggage Express passengers were given priority debarkation, so they were among the first off. We met in the Criterion Lounge according to this schedule:

AAAA & BBBB & Tours - 8:00 (our group) CCCC - 8:30 DDDD & EEEE - 9:00

After eating breakfast, we met at 8:00 in the Criterion Lounge and were literally stepping into a taxi at 8:30. There is a crew member who leads you through the ship, so you don't come in contact with any other lines or people. You get off quickly and clear immigration. You continue to the baggage claim area and get your bags from your own special section (using your group letters). (We decided to use a porter.) You proceed out of the terminal building down to almost the end of the covered pier on the right side. That's where you hand over your luggage to the Luggage Express handlers (BAGS, Inc.). They replace your tags with the correct flight tags. We stepped to the curb and got a taxi!

Airport: We arrived at the airport and went straight through security. Thanks to Luggage Express, we avoided both the check-in lines and the USDA lines. We were sitting at our gate by 9:00. We were also thrilled to beat the crowds and zoo-like atmosphere that everyone talks about at the San Juan airport!

Arrival in Charlotte: We had another perfect non-stop flight on US Air on the way home. Once again, it was right on time and the flight crew and attendants were wonderful! When we arrived in Charlotte that evening at 6:00, our bags were waiting for us! Luggage Express is a wonderful service, and we would sign up for it again in a heartbeat!

Does anyone know if this is offered on the Miracle out of Fort Lauderdale? We're flying AA. Would love to be able to do this, as our flight doesn't leave until that afternoon, and we're wondering what to do with our luggage between debarkation and going to the airport.

I too am wondering about FLL. We inquired at the Purser's Desk on the Miracle in January, and they said it was not yet being offered there. They said there were still some bugs to be worked out, so that's why it wasn't offered for all ships in all ports. Let's hope it's been "debugged" by now!:D

So let me get this straight...You basically are checking inot the airline early and then you don't have to do anything when you get to the airport? So you never see your bags after you leave them in the hall till you get home? I guess it has pluses, but what about liquids? I would need stuff in the AM and then wouldn't be able to stick them back in the bags.

What is the other option?

I have never cruise with Carnival, and the last cruise I was on (NCL) we put our bags out in the hall the night before, and then we picked them up outside after we got off the boat. Do they still do this too? Or do you take your own bags off now?

So let me get this straight...You basically are checking inot the airline early and then you don't have to do anything when you get to the airport? So you never see your bags after you leave them in the hall till you get home? I guess it has pluses, but what about liquids? I would need stuff in the AM and then wouldn't be able to stick them back in the bags.

What is the other option?

I have never cruise with Carnival, and the last cruise I was on (NCL) we put our bags out in the hall the night before, and then we picked them up outside after we got off the boat. Do they still do this too? Or do you take your own bags off now?

What I've done in the past when I put my bags out the night before but still need things in the morning is to bring several little ziplock baggies with me. I squirt a little conditioner into one and throw the rest into my suitcase. Same with moisturizer, shampoo, and for toothpaste I just put it on my toothbrush before I set my luggage out. It took me a couple cruises to figure it out but it works great since you toss the ziplock baggie when you are done. Any kind of baggie works for this. Hope this helps.

We'll be travelling with a toddler who needs a car seat. Are you able to do luggage express and then check the car seat at the airport? Or would you have to carry it with you through security and check it at the gate? Just curious if anyone knows!

Archived