Westerdam questions

azsunshine

1) We have a single adult daughter that is considering joining us on this cruise. She would be staying by herself. I am wondering what the single supplement is for HAL? Anyone know? Every one is on holiday, and I can't find the answer! I know many charge double, but not sure about HAL.

2) Also wondering if the aft cabins allow the doors to open between the balconies, if requested, so we can share our balconies with our friends next door?

Thanks for your help! We have sailed HAL, but don't remember about the doors opening, particularly after the refit. We are on deck 5 aft.

1) We have a single adult daughter that is considering joining us on this cruise. She would be staying by herself. I am wondering what the single supplement is for HAL? Anyone know? Every one is on holiday, and I can't find the answer! I know many charge double, but not sure about HAL.
On most cabins it is 50% additional (i.e., 1.5 times the pp rate for double occupancy) but for suites it is 100% additional.

2) Also wondering if the aft cabins allow the doors to open between the balconies, if requested, so we can share our balconies with our friends next door?

Yes. The steward has a tool to open them.

First, I assume that your daughter is at least 25. If this is not the case, then there could be a problem.

Second, HAL has offered, in the past, an option for single cruisers where they would pair up a single cruiser with another of the same gender, each paying the per person double occupancy rate. If there is noone to pair up, your daughter would still get the cabin at the double occupancy rate. The disadvantage is somewhat clear, she could get stuck with someone that she didn't like. I suggest calling HAL to see if this program is still in effect (it was in Feb 08).

First, I assume that your daughter is at least 25. If this is not the case, then there could be a problem.

Second, HAL has offered, in the past, an option for single cruisers where they would pair up a single cruiser with another of the same gender, each paying the per person double occupancy rate. If there is noone to pair up, your daughter would still get the cabin at the double occupancy rate. The disadvantage is somewhat clear, she could get stuck with someone that she didn't like. I suggest calling HAL to see if this program is still in effect (it was in Feb 08).

Thanks for the info. She is in her late 30's and she is married, I didn't mean to say single, but that she was traveling single. I don't think she would want to risk being booked with stranger. It is her first cruise, and wants to come along with us, but her husband is not interested. She is still waiting for a sister or girlfriend to say they want to go, but unsure right now.

From the sound of the original post, it appears that you don't want to share a triple.

Vista class ships have a number of triples (one person sofa bed).

We've traveled in the same cabin with one (and even both) of our adult daughters, and it has worked out fine.

I just go to the spa for my shower and let them primp in the cabin.

From the sound of the original post, it appears that you don't want to share a triple.

Vista class ships have a number of triples (one person sofa bed).

We've traveled in the same cabin with one (and even both) of our adult daughters, and it has worked out fine.

I just go to the spa for my shower and let them primp in the cabin.

No, it really won't work on this cruise. We have shared about 8 cruises with another daughter when she was a young woman, but we are at the age where we all need our own cabin. Doesn't mean we don't like togetherness, but we all decided it just wouldn't work this time. :p

Archived