Dress conceerns

Hi. This is my first cruise, and my first time on a forum!!

My partner & I are travelling on the Norwegian Jade on 26th July - very excited - and are wondering about lots of do's and don'ts about cruising.

He'd like to know if polo shirts are acceptable in restaurants and I'm concerned about the dress/skirt thing as I don't normally do either!!

Also what are the chances of upgrading once on board?:confused:

Thanks

Relax and dress however you feel most comfortable. We were on the Jade on June 13 out of Southampton and saw every thing from casual to dressy. There was no conformity in our experience in any of the dining rooms or restaurants. So be "free style" and be yourselves! Enjoy!

As for upgrades, check either with NCL or your travel agent, whichever you booked your cruise through for more info. If you didn't go through an agent, NCL has toll free numbers in the UK, US, and website addresses too.

Have fun!

men can wear docker type pants and collared shirts....pullover knits are fine...with no flip flops to the restaurants with a 'dress code.' you can wear just about anything to any other restaurant especially the buffet even shorts at dinner. i [female] wore neat looking [meaning not all wrinkeled] not denim capri's with a nice [not dressy] blouse and flat leather liteweight sandals. that is the MOST dressed we ever got. that's why we went on NCL. there is a formal night.....you'll see people realllly decked out in formal wear. on that night i think we wore shorts. most of the time we were in shorts and tees...neat and clean but not 'dressy' in any way. we're california outdoors types and can't stand getting dressed up on vacation...or anytime for that matter. hope this answers your question.:)

Thats great thanks. Was thinking I'd have to buy a new wardrobe, which would normally be fantastic but not if it was stuff I wouldn't be wearing again!!

Whats the rule with jeans and dining?

And apologies if these questions have been asked and answered before :o

• Administrators
Thats great thanks. Was thinking I'd have to buy a new wardrobe, which would normally be fantastic but not if it was stuff I wouldn't be wearing again!!

Whats the rule with jeans and dining?

And apologies if these questions have been asked and answered before :o

Jeans are acceptable in every restaurant onboard the ship except for one of the two main dining rooms (which one will be specified in your daily program). If it doesn't say "no jeans" jeans are just fine. Have a great cruise -- laid back and casual is NCL's style. :)

Hi,

I am quite local to you!

Just got back from Alaska. Neither me nor my husband like dressy which is why we chose NCL in the first place!

He wore ordinary trousers or jeans and I wore slacks or jeans all the way through our cruise. For tops we wore shirts/blouses, t-shirts etc.

The most dressy we ever got was at night when we both wore trousers and a shirt/blouse. I wore jeans some nights but not to main restaurant which was designated no jeans. Polo shirts are fine, I wear them often but husband doesn't often.

Once yo get on board and see what everyone else is wearing you will soon stop worrying.

Jean from the Black Country

Budandbreezer dont worry about it, I am not a dress\skirt person either in fact the only dress I own is my wedding dress. On our Jan 08 cruise my DH wore dockers and either a collered shirt or hawiian shirt(we were in hawaii last june). I wore either slacks and a blouse with sandals or capris and a nice top and it was fine.

Our next cruise we are taking my parents who are traditional cruisers and want to do the formal night. I told them go ahead and have fun we dont travel with suits and dresses.

Archived